Ford 1210 tear down and repair

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #91  
Thank you, I searched the internet for Information about rebuilding this tractor and didn't find much. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

It's also therapeutic for me as I have bad ptsd from multiple combat deployments to Iraq, and Afghanistan. It keeps my mind occupied and less focused on the war.

Thank YOU for your service! I'm glad you've found something that helps you. I wish more of our Veterans could do the same.

Keep it up! Thanks again.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair
Been busy splitting wood, but today was back on the 1210.

Installed the front axle and steering pushrod. Had to add several more shims to the axle to stop the side to side play. There was a few inches before, now there is none after the shims and new bushings.

IMG_1085.JPG

Got two coats of clear sprayed on the hood and frame. Painting is officially done!

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

Will wait for the paint to dry for a few more days before putting her back together.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #93  
Great job on the restoration. Everything is looking great.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #94  
We have an old Ford 1100 that I'd love to do this to. Great write up and pics.

Temp installed the tires today to get her in the garage. I think last night was the last night she will ever spend outside. From here on out it will be garage kept.

IMG_1088.JPG

Had a marathon last night after I put the kids to bed.

Filled the hydro and engine oil. Used my harbor freight transfer pump for awhile, but then used a funnel as it was taking too long. Also filled the hyd spin on filter and suction filter.

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

Got a few of the small bits put on. Was missing a foot pad, so needed a new one.

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

The electrical harness going in.

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

I was happy I tagged all the connectors.

I was able to find a British pipe thread T fitting so I could run an oil pressure line off of the original sending unit tap.

IMG_1097.JPG

The auxiliary gauge cluster installed. Don't think it will be in the way down here. I really wanted to use a hole saw to install them in the dash for a more factory look. Not much room up there though.

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

The cooling system coming back together.

IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

The starter installed with a dedicated ground cable. I was having slow cranking issues, so trying to fix that.

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #100  
Cant wait to see you post you started it up and ran it!