Ford 1210 tear down and repair

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #81  
That's cool. I have an extra starter (and alternator) and I've been thinking about doing the same thing. It still worked at one time and could probably just use a good cleaning.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair
You should do that sld, it was super easy.

Today I got the front tires mounted and new valve stems installed.

image.jpeg

Also got the new sight gauge installed on the tank. You can see the clutch relief sticker also for long term storage.

image.jpeg

Won't get anything done tomorrow. Tuesday i will finish painting. From there I will let things set up for a few days before final assembly.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #83  
What did you use for the fuel sight gauge? Mine is a black rubber hose and I have a wooden dowel I check fuel level with. Gets old sometimes.

It was some clear fuel line for lawn mowers. Will see how it holds up.

Last of the painting is done. The bugs had a field day landing in the fresh paint...:(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All nice and pretty again.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Got the new tire mounted today. I was going to try and do it myself, but decided for $18 it was worth it to save my back. No scratches on my rims either, was amazed!

IMG_1076.JPG

The paint is taking a long time to dry. Going to be awhile till I'm able to reassemble this thing.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #88  
I really have enjoyed reading your posts. Not many people document a rebuild like this.

Thanks for the posts

Thank you, I searched the internet for Information about rebuilding this tractor and didn't find much. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

It's also therapeutic for me as I have bad ptsd from multiple combat deployments to Iraq, and Afghanistan. It keeps my mind occupied and less focused on the war.

Since the paint is still drying on the frame, I started tearing down the finishing mower. It's a Woods RM59-3. I knew it was locked up, but didn't know why. After getting the covers off and pto shaft out of the way I pulled out another huge rodent nest. Once that was all cleaned up, I was able to see what was going on.

Here is the covers and pto shaft removed.

IMG_1077.JPG

I found lots of rot on top of the deck from the huge mouse nest in there.

IMG_1079.JPG

The reason she is locked up is the binding between these two pulleys. Not sure if something is bent or the belt is stretched. Will require further investigation over the Winter.

IMG_1078.JPG