Ford 1210 and engine replacement

/ Ford 1210 and engine replacement #1  

davetree

Need advice and any info on replacing engine on my 1980s 1210:confused: . I've been told a perkins 103/10 will fit to replace the shibaura ..Also would the engine swap into the 1210 from a 1710 ? any answers appreciated

/ Ford 1210 and engine replacement #2  
I think in the manual it says on my 1700 it has an SAE pattern bellhousing.I looked at mine a while back and it appears to have a plate that bolts to the engine, and the trans bolts to that.That being said,you can make anything work,you may have to make or modify said plate for whatever engine you decide to use.May possibly have to modify front half mounting to fit engine too.Actually,this would all be basic metal working skills,and very carefull measuring/drilling cutting.....

/ Ford 1210 and engine replacement #3  
Welcome to TBN. And the reason your wanting to trade engines is...?
Would it be cheaper to rebuild what you have?

Also, what part of the country are you located in? Nothing in your profile. What do you plan on doing with unit when you get it running? What kind of implements will you be using?

/ Ford 1210 and engine replacement
Hi, thanks for replys,
Original engine i'm told would cost too much to rebuild, new head needed and cylinders scored... quoted over £800 for head alone.....
Then heard of a 1710 engine foe £500... told this would not fit....
Now got a shop soiled new perkins 103/10 to drop in, This cost £1100 plus vat.
We are in the uk...Warwick. Use the tractor with a sawbench (japa)and it is fitted with a lewis landlugger 20 loader . Very usefull .

/ Ford 1210 and engine replacement #5  
I believe the engine you have is a 723 . 72MM BORE , 72MM STROKE and 3 cylinders . There are some 713 engines floating around that should bolt right in . Len Shaeffer here in the states might be able to help . He posts here often .

/ Ford 1210 and engine replacement #6  
I believe the engine you have is a 723 . 72MM BORE , 72MM STROKE and 3 cylinders . There are some 713 engines floating around that should bolt right in . Len Shaeffer here in the states might be able to help . He posts here often .
Realize this is an old thread but hoping maybe to get some info. I have a 1210 with a broken crank S723 motor. I found a complete S753 motor. I like the idea of a little more HP but big concern is will Flywheel bolt right up and other items?