Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #61  
Popcorn cereal
refrigerator ice
powdered milk
chipped beef
gov cheese

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #62  
Fried wild caught channel catfish and corn dodgers.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #63  
Jiffy pop...

...hang a unopened jiffy pop on the wall for a redneck fire alarm...!
And watch the picture spread across the internet... That was interesting to watch

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #64  
Sauerkraut and neck bones.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #65  
New Years Eve...
both pickled and creamed Herring, pickled pigs feet, sauerkraut and other tasty morsels.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #66  
Cowkok n onion

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #68  
When I was in my 20s, I spent one Christmas with my then GF's family. She told me ahead of time that a family tradition was to eat something they called oyster stew Christmas eve. Not a big seafood lover, and it didn't sound very appetizing but went along. It was beyond nasty, big oyster chunks floating in some sort of milk broth, no other ingredients that I could see. I gagged down a few spoonfuls but that was all I could manage. Turns out that was Christmas eve supper, nothing else.
Not much of a future with that one...

My family had it's own gross soup too...cold beet soup...beets simmered in skim milk and served cold. A favorite dish of my father's when he was growing up, my mother would make it occasionally. She did make us kids try some once, and once was more than enough. My siblings agreed.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #69  
When I was in my 20s, I spent one Christmas with my then GF's family. She told me ahead of time that a family tradition was to eat something they called oyster stew Christmas eve. Not a big seafood lover, and it didn't sound very appetizing but went along. It was beyond nasty, big oyster chunks floating in some sort of milk broth, no other ingredients that I could see. I gagged down a few spoonfuls but that was all I could manage. Turns out that was Christmas eve supper, nothing else.
Not much of a future with that one...

My family had it's own gross soup too...cold beet soup...beets simmered in skim milk and served cold. A favorite dish of my father's when he was growing up, my mother would make it occasionally. She did make us kids try some once, and once was more than enough. My siblings agreed.
My Mom used to make that same Oyster stew for my Dad. I tasted once when I was little and had the same reaction, "Yuck, who in the world would willingly eat this stuff?". When I was older I finally tried it again and liked it. I guess your tastes change as you grow older, but that would be a different thread now wouldn't it?

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #70  
Liver and Lima beans!!!!