Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #1  

NewToy

Veteran Member
Tractor
'05 Farmtrac 270DTC
While cleaning up the Farmtrac last week I noticed the "glass" on my instrument panel had some spots on it. After scrubbing on it furiously I determined the spots were on the inside. So after it bugging me for a few days I decided to take it apart. After I got the guage on the bench I found it to be sealed up, I theorized they did this so you couldn't fool around with the hour meter. So I grudgingly reinstalled it, spots and all. Fast forward to the Ohio Power Show, I stopped at the Farmtrac display and relayed my woes to the fellow staffing the booth. (I found out later he was the VP.) He informed me that the plastic lens has a piece of that static cling clear protective plastic on the inside of the guage. He said they are supposed to remove it at the factory but had some that were left on. I told him I had it all apart and couldn't get into it, he explained there was a rubber gasket that once removed revealed the 10 small screws that give you access to the inside of the lens. I peeled it off and now have a crystal clear instrument cluster. I'm glad I asked him!

John

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #2  
That is great information to share, I have seen this before.
Thank you.

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #3  
Interesting. I just purchased a Montana 3040 and seem to have the same problem. I will call them to inquire if they have the same problem.

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #4  
It is the same. I have seen it before and we take care of it before they are sold.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #5  
I'm impressed the VP knew that.

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #6  
Talked to my dealer today and Montana is sending a replace instrument assy. I will swap it out and return the defective one to them. They also said the new panel had some upgrades but didn't say exactly what.

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #7  
<font color="blue"> "that the plastic lens has a piece of that static cling clear protective plastic on the inside of the guage. He said they are supposed to remove it at the factory but had some that were left on" </font>

Funny thing, I had the exact same thing with my Mahindra gauges right after I got it.
Pulled it out, took it apart, removed the plastic and reinstalled.
No problems since.

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #8  
You should simply remove the lens, remove the plastic and be done. I don't think I would order one until you tried.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #9  
It is ashame they wasn't smart enough to put it on the outside so you didn't have to take it apart to remove. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Foggy Farmtrac instrumentation #10  
I have this problem with my Montha 3440 HST /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif