Flood ONLY LEDs?

/ Flood ONLY LEDs? #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
I've been looking to add LEDs to my tractor because I know I'm going to have a lot of late nights this summer, if I want to get things done.

Currently, there are the typical 4 Halogen lights at each corner of the JD 5100e cab.

My thinking was that I would add a larger (36") light bar to the front, just under the cab overhang, 2 - smaller 12-18" bars under the overhand to each side, and a single 18-24" bar to the rear. I want to be able to see all the way around my tractor.

Now, my issue is that all bars I have been able to find are a combination of SPOT and flood with emphasis on distant SPOT. I don't mind the spot for the front, but everything else would be useless to have a spot aspect and I would rather have bars along the side and back which are FLOOD ONLY.

Does anyone know of any manufacturer which FLOOD ONLY bars for such a use? For those who already have bars, do you think the 'flood aspect' would be good enough for this instance? I don't really want to direct it 20-30ft out and have 3 bright circles following me around all the time, in my peripheral vision.

BTW... I've searched and have not found the magic word combination to find such, but if your 'Google-fu' comes up with it, I'd appreciate the information.

/ Flood ONLY LEDs? #2  
Personally, I don't think it matters. I have two of these 22" light bars on my RTV and it lights up the front like daylight: Amazon.com: Nilight 22" 12w LED Light Bar Flood Spot Combo Work Light Driving Lights Fog Lamp Offroad Lighting for SUV Ute ATV Truck 4x4 Boat,2 Years Warranty: Automotive

I would think one on all four corners (or one like it) would give you plenty of light near the tractor.

51mbk0-g4gL._SL1000_.jpg

/ Flood ONLY LEDs? #3  
Me too, I have 2 of the 22" combo flood / spot LED'S on mine (1 front, 1 rear) and they provide plenty of light at night. Can be seen a long distance away. I was plowing out by the road early one morning and the local highway dept. was plowing and saw my lights 1/4 mile away. They thought I was a rollback tow truck retrieving a wreck because it was so bright.
You could add a small 4" on each side for side lighting if needed. Check Paul Shorts posts and videos as he has them on his tractor.

/ Flood ONLY LEDs? #4  
I've been looking to add LEDs to my tractor because I know I'm going to have a lot of late nights this summer, if I want to get things done.

Currently, there are the typical 4 Halogen lights at each corner of the JD 5100e cab.

----------

Why not just replace the halogen with LED Flood Lights?

s-l640.jpg

/ Flood ONLY LEDs?
This is actually what I SHOULD do... and will probably kick myself for NOT doing. But I am wanting a LOT of light around the tractor and 'thought' without real knowledge, that it wouldn't be enough.

I just ordered some lights and harnesses through Amazon. I'll see how it looks and if it is too involved, I might just call it good and change out the current lights for LEDs. I honestly haven't tried them, so can't say they wouldn't be enough. But my current halogens certainly aren't spread enough, so I don't think that just replacing my current lights would give me what I am wanting, especially on the side.

famous last words...

/ Flood ONLY LEDs? #7  
They are expensive and not made in china, but Cyclops Adventures will make you any combination you want. I had them make me custom lights for my bike. It was no difference in price over advertised since they build all their own lights anyways, but what I wanted just wasn't advertised.

I'm sure they would do a flood only light bar for you.

/ Flood ONLY LEDs? #8  
Why not just replace the halogen with LED Flood Lights?

Yep. What I did. Plus replaced the rear light also. All floods. I have full light all around.

_EM51001.JPG

/ Flood ONLY LEDs? #9  
Yes, you only want flood lights on a tractor as you want to illuminate around your work area as much as you can rather than see up ahead as with a spot light.

31065384876_87f647d43e_o.jpg

/ Flood ONLY LEDs? #10  
I agree, floods are the way to go, these pictures are with the headlights only and with two 4" LED floods mounted to the ROPS added. 20170115_170851.jpg20170115_170825.jpg