Float for 3rd Rear Remote?

/ Float for 3rd Rear Remote? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
The Op Manual for my MX5100 says that a float valve can only be used in position #2. What is the reason for that? I have 2 regular double-acting valves now, thinking about adding a 3rd, but if I get one with float (which would be handy) , kinda wanted it on the inside.

/ Float for 3rd Rear Remote? #2  
Hmmmmm,,, not sure why they'd say that??? But then, not sure how your controls work either?? With mine the valves are stacked at the rear of the tractor above and forward of the 3pt top link bracket. They are directly fed thru channels cast into the housing. Then they are cable operated to the levers. Mine wouldn't care where it was located as long as the original SCV valve is on the bottom of the stack. So I have SCV, float, float, stacked bottom to top. With my cable setup the levers can be anywhere in the line. I have SCV closest to me.

/ Float for 3rd Rear Remote? #3  
I'm sure that for whatever reason, there is only room for it to fit in the 2nd location. Either the valve itself or the added length of the slot that the control lever is in. :confused3: Remember that the total throw of the control lever with the float function is greater than without. ;)

/ Float for 3rd Rear Remote? #4  
Yeah Brian, that might be true. The valve, depending on type, is a different size and shape also.

My slots are the same length, but might not be on the MX.

Good point!!

/ Float for 3rd Rear Remote? #5  
It could also be related to the valve porting when they are stacked together.
They may want it to be the last valve in the stack ie if there were three it would be the third

/ Float for 3rd Rear Remote?
The 3 slots are the same length. My existing valve handles stop about 1/2" from the from the front of the slot. What they say is "NOTE: The floating valve can be attached as the second segment only." The diagrams/examples are with three valves, so you can't really tell if the float valve can be used in a two valve configuration. But I assume I can just move my existing 2nd valve over to the 3rd slot, it looks like it must be ported all the way through with a backing plate on the unused end, and go with the float in the middle.

/ Float for 3rd Rear Remote?
BTW, does anyone know what a rear remote with float costs (Kubota list price)?

/ Float for 3rd Rear Remote? #8  
BTW, does anyone know what a rear remote with float costs (Kubota list price)?

$302 for the valve and $248 for the mounting kit, per build your Kubota website. If the slots are all the same length, then I think that it must be the length of the valve that is the problem. You won't know for sure until you get into it. ;)