Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
So just wondering, over the years I've spent a lot of money going to Podiatrists and I'm convinced, the only thing they want to do is sell you arch supports.

My condition is genetic for sure, I was born with flat feet. But the older I get the bigger the problem. My balance sucks, one of my knees is screwed up, and when I spend a lot of time cranking out firewood, my back hurts.

So finally after ignoring their commercials, decided to visit a Good Feet Store. What they told me made sense-until the guy tells me the price! Very pricey.

So the question, anyone out there had any experience with Good Feet?

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #2  
Heard the name but know nothing about them. Having flat feet since birth is an issue with me as well. I have worn arch supports for 53 years. Why do you not like arch supports and why are Good Feet interesting to you. I would love to know since we have the same condition.

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store
Heard the name but know nothing about them. Having flat feet since birth is an issue with me as well. I have worn arch supports for 53 years. Why do you not like arch supports and why are Good Feet interesting to you. I would love to know since we have the same condition.

Well I guess I have never stuck with them long enough-all of the various ones I've had-from prescriptions through a podiatrist to off the shelf stuff-including the Dr scholls thjat you get at Walmart after stepping on to their "analyzer" that comes up with the correct ones.

I will say that the "GF" approach says that their objective is to "grow" your arch back over time. you start by wearing the orthotics for a half hour a day then increase by a half hour each day until you reach a comfort level-that is NO discomfort.

Maybe I should try that gradual approach with the ones I have.

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #4  
I have the opposite issue of high arches and have been suffering from planer fascias.

I've found that good shoes and work boots are important.

My doctor recommended Brooks sneakers. They are designed by a podiatrist.

So, I sucked it up last weekend and bought a pair. They made a huge difference at the end of the day. Even without orthotics.

Needed to update my work boots for work as well. Spent about an hour searching through the racks and trying on boots. Finally got a set of timberland pros that had a similar feel and support as the Brooks sneakers.

I've been able to cut down on the anti-inflammatory medicine the past week.

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #5  
I currently have arch supports/orthodics that are constructed of glued together leather. They are that old. I believe they date back to 1977 but possibly 1973. Hard to remember for sure. I have worn them since then in every set of shoes/boots/etc. Nearly 25 years in the military (don't believe for a second that flat feet disqualify you I am proof it does not) and now 20 plus years in another profession. Problem is one set had the right arch support "injested" by a young puppy in 2006. The last set is starting to de-laminate the leather layers. I would love to find a place that could make a set exactly to the specs of my current set but don't even know where to start looking. Wife had a set made 20 years ago and they were pure junk. Did not last one year and they were made of molded plastic. My leather ones were pulled out to air dry every evening and I did that every day for many decades.

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #6  
Find custom boot maker, the ones that cast your feet they can probably make them.

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #7  
Find custom boot maker, the ones that cast your feet they can probably make them.

Where do you find such a bootmaker? I've had custom boots made, and they were ok, but a casting would be much better.

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #8  
I ended up getting inserts from Superfeet as I was having Plantar fasciitis issues. They have MANY different ones depending on your issues and foot type. Unlike the OP, I have narrow feet with a high arch. As we age, it helps to have a good insert with a heel cup to cradle the heel, regardless if you have a arch or flat feet. We get older and the heel flattens out, then, the pain will come.

Superfeet | Premium Insoles for Comfort and Pain Relief

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #9  
I often thought of going there but it's about 75 mile round trip. And I've heard similar stories about the cost. I also heard about some New Balance walking shoes. I bought a pair last summer and liked them so well, I bought another pair so I can wear the "old ones" in the shop. I bought the hook and loop since my arthritis flares up and it's hard for me to tie my own shoes.

I bought these: New Balance Men's 813 V1 Hook and Loop Walking Shoe

I forgot to mention, these have removable/replaceable inserts if you need to change them out.

/ Flat Feet and the Good Feet Store #10  
Where do you find such a bootmaker? I've had custom boots made, and they were ok, but a casting would be much better.

Just go to Bing and type custom boots from a casting