Flail Mower - Aluminum Gearbox Threads

/ Flail Mower - Aluminum Gearbox Threads #1  

MAX-24-Dean

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX24
Today, ( 4/24/2022) I went to grease and check the gearbox oil on my new flail mower to get it ready for its first use. Recieved it last month and it is still in the shipping crate.

When I started loosening the plug on the aluminum gearbox to check the oil it came out in an oblong motion instead of a circular motion. I knew the plug was stripped before I even looked at it.

The threads are all rounded off. Can it be repaired or is this a warrenty issue?

It is obvious that if I reinstall the plug it will not catch threads to help it seat.

Any suggestions?

I am going to turn it in for warranty consideration tomorrow.

/ Flail Mower - Aluminum Gearbox Threads
They can be repaired but if it was mine, I'd go for warrenty.
Requested a warranty fix.
Sent pictures of rounded out threads on plug and gearbox to the company I purchased the flail mower from yesterday morning. Got an e-mail from them in the afternoon that said they were shipping a new gear box directly to me.

/ Flail Mower - Aluminum Gearbox Threads #4  
Requested a warranty fix.
Sent pictures of rounded out threads on plug and gearbox to the company I purchased the flail mower from yesterday morning. Got an e-mail from them in the afternoon that said they were shipping a new gear box directly to me.
Who's flail is it?
One I bought last year had a similar issue with the threads for the gearbox breather. All cross threaded in the hole in the gearbox. Gearbox is cast steel so unlikely the plug did it.
They sent a new gearbox also.

Who's flail is it?
One I bought last year had a similar issue with the threads for the gearbox breather. All cross threaded in the hole in the gearbox. Gearbox is cast steel so unlikely the plug did it.
They sent a new gearbox also.
Recieved the warranty replacement gearbox for the Del Morino Funny Top flail mower on the 11th of May.
Will be swapping it out in time for second cutting.

The dealer I purchased the flail mower from was very responsive and professional. They delivered on everything they said they would.