Fishing.

/ Fishing. #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Took my soon to be seven year old granddaughter fishing this morning. She caught six small bluegill. THEN her bobber went under and didn't come up. The fish jumped clear of the water twice. Don't know who was more exited, me or her. Her little reel wouldn't pull it in and I had to grab the line. Anyway it was a bass that probably weighed a pound and a half. That was it. She was done for the day. Couldn't top that.

All she has talked about the past hour was going back and catching the fishes again. Guess I'm on for a new rod and reel at Wal-Mart.

Now it's off to McDonalds for chicken nuggets, then to Wal-Mart for the fishing gear. Then we have to practice casting in the front yard so next time granddaddy can fish.

Oh yeah, all the fishing worms we dug up are named and she plans on keeping them all summer as pets. Her mom is going to be proud of me for that. But what are granddaddys for if not to teach youngsters how to do things while disguising the lessons as fun.

/ Fishing. #2  
Moments to cherish.

/ Fishing. #3  
I always got far more joy out of taking my girls fishing and watching them catch their own fish than I ever did fishing myself. I look forward to sharing that experience with my grandchildren someday.

/ Fishing. #4  
Sounds like you're having a great time. I really treasure some of the moments with my 3 year old daughter. Seeing her experience new things is pretty amazing. I got her a Zebco fishing pole for her birthday and took the hooks off a Rapala lure so she can cast play around with it any way she wants. We get a few hits now and then.

/ Fishing. #5  
I took my then 13 y/o grandson fly fishing in Yellowstone, his first time for both. He is finishing his Jr. year at the University of Maryland and he still talks about how much fun he had. Fishing and grandpas, memories of a lifetime.

/ Fishing. #6  
My dad took my nephew fishing and they were catching little blue gills and after a while my nephew said "Papa lets go home, my pockets are full." Dad has been gone for 36 years and Mom still talks about His pockets were full and smiles. Good memories, cherish them. Ed

/ Fishing. #7  
A wonderful uplifting story RSKY.:thumbsup:

/ Fishing. #8  
We used to go "shrimping" when my girls were small. Now that they are grown we do get to go fishing together some - but they still talk casting for the shrimp.

/ Fishing. #9  
Great story RSKY, we did the fishing, hunting camping, boating etc. with our kids, now in their 30s and 50s. My wife and I have great grandchildren, now and tell each new set of parents the same, cherish each and every moment with the kids you can, it's time you;ll never get back and will give you memories to last a lifetime.

/ Fishing. #10  
Great story. Hope you got some pictures of her with her fish!!!!