Fishing trip coming soon

/ Fishing trip coming soon #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
In about 2 weeks I'm going on my annual fishing trip. A few close friends have cottages on "Canoe Lake" in Algonquin Park and we make an annual pilgrimage to go trout fishing and generally have a good time.

I am really looking forward to it and each year we do at least one "day trip" where we hike to a back lake or landmark or something. The weather is cool but fresh and usually the black flies are a-swarmin' pretty good.

There is a sauna at the cottage so we get all steamed up and then jump into the 40 degree lake!!!

They are great guys and I'm so excited. Here are some pics of the trip last year which was to another cottage on Georgian Bay (we have only been to the Bay once, all the rest of the trips have been to the park. Although my pal Greg dropped all my worldly posessions into the Bay including my clothes, fishing gear, binoculars, laptop, cell phone and camera. The worst thing was the case of beer though because the cardboard went mushy and the cans floated all over the place!:laughing:).

Here are some pics of the places and the fellas. I am the one in the cowboy style hat. Note the log outhouse!

Notes:
1 No, we were not wearing life jackets, bad!
2 We did not catch any fish the last 2 years running!! Hence no fish pictures.

Attachments

• 5ofus.jpg
    5ofus.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 53
  • cabin.jpg
    cabin.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 63
  • fishin2.jpg
    fishin2.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 59
  • gcottage.jpg
    gcottage.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 62
  • outhouse.jpg
    outhouse.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 56
  • liz.jpg
    liz.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 59
  • jimmifishin.jpg
    jimmifishin.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 46
  • island.jpg
    island.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 50
  • sauna.jpg
    sauna.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 51
   / Fishing trip coming soon #2  
1 No, we were not wearing life jackets, bad!

VERY bad. Just a few weeks ago a young fella out canoeing with his buddy lost his life in the river not far from us after their canoe turned over. He was not wearing a life jacket. Took a couple of weeks to find the body. Life jackets are VERY good, especially if you wear them. :D:D
Have a fun and safe fishing trip. Nice pics, looks like a great place to get away from it all.

/ Fishing trip coming soon
It's funny Mousefield, we used to wear them all the time. I wonder why we stopped. I pledge to wear mine again. Keeps me warm too!

/ Fishing trip coming soon #4  
That looks like a lotta fun, but you gotta catch some fish.:( I really like the looks of the cottage and the creative use of the tree trunk on the corner of the deck.:) This year I hope you can post a picture of you holding a full stringer.:thumbsup:

/ Fishing trip coming soon #5  
how can you just up and leave your tractor like that ;)
from the looks of the pictures I can see you have a second love on the side :D and might I say she is Beautiful country
Have fun!:thumbsup:

/ Fishing trip coming soon
Thanks all. I have caught at least 1 fish each of the other years but the last two we got skunked!

I'll get some this year. We fish for lake trout in the main lake but there is a river we go up to try for speckles too. We take a shore lunch for backup but nothing beats the fun of a shore lunch of specks with your pals in the wilderness. Speckies aren't so easy to catch though, they're fickle fishes. The lakers are usually pretty easy, we troll for them. It's just another form of seat time!

I found a couple of other pictures from about 5 years ago. Here's me with a laker that we had for dinner!! My buddies Billy and Mac were envious!

Attachments

• Jim4.jpg
    Jim4.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 61