first time in the USA where should I go ?

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #41  
You have a rabbits foot BUT it came from a dead
rabbit and that's not LUCKY?????

willy

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #42  
You can tour the Miller brewery in Milwaukee if you go the Midwest way and or tour the John Deere manufacturing plant in Moline Illinois. Drive 50 miles north of Milwaukee to Manitowoc WI and hop on the car ferry Badger and say you sailed on the great lakes over to MI lol. Lots of cool stuff to see and do in the midwest including summerfest and brewers games. Though visiting National parks out west is pretty memorable to me anyway even when there packed with folks. So many options of what you can see and do, good luck.

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #43  
You can tour the Miller brewery in Milwaukee if you go the Midwest way and or tour the John Deere manufacturing plant in Moline Illinois. Drive 50 miles north of Milwaukee to Manitowoc WI and hop on the car ferry Badger and say you sailed on the great lakes over to MI lol. Lots of cool stuff to see and do in the midwest including summerfest and brewers games. Though visiting National parks out west is pretty memorable to me anyway even when there packed with folks. So many options of what you can see and do, good luck.
Ya, hey. There's a WWII submarine you can tour in Manitowoc, too.

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #44  
Worlds Largest Ball of Twine in Cawker Kansas. :D

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #45  
@Rockbadchild, there is only one real choice here. Texas!

It will be hot in July. Wear light comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen is highly recommended.

I recommend checking out South Padre Island and Space X. SpaceX.com and Flights to Harlingen/South Padre Island | Southwest Airlines®

From there grab a flight to San Antonio. Stat at a historical hotel on the a RiverWalk or close by like the St. Anthony or the Menger. Enjoy the Riverwalk, the Alamo, Downtown San Antonio is full of history. The Alamo

Rent a car in San Antonio and drive to Welcome To Fredericksburg, TX | Texas Hill Country. You will travel through some beautiful Texas Hill Country and meet some very nice people. Be sure and stop wherever you feel like it and if you are up to a nice hike make arrangements to “climb“ - basically walk up Enchanted Rock just north of Fredericksburg. Enchanted Rock State Natural Area — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

If any of this sounds to your liking I can fill in any details or offer a lot of other suggestion.

Other options in Texas: DFW - tour the stadium where the Dallas cowboys play. Tours

In Ft. Worth visit the Texas Ranching Heritage Center. Check TSCRA.org. They don’t show any Ranch Gatherings in July but you might email and ask. It’s a real slice of true Texas life that you will experience at one of these. They will welcome you and make you feel at home. Here is some information on a Gathering to give you an idea. Western Heritage Classic Ranch Gathering

We have the Texas Capitol in Austin, the French Legation is nearby . French Legation State Historic Site | THC.Texas.gov - Texas Historical Commission

Texas is a huge State and is truly unique and there are so many things to do and see. Let me know if you have any questions.

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #46  
Here are some decent Road Trip suggestions in Texas.

in addition to the King Ranch you will find some legendary seafood at the King’s Inn in Kingsville. Kings Inn Restaurant

Last edited:
   / first time in the USA where should I go ? #47  
2 areas that haven't been mention that are worthwhile IMO is Charleston SC and Savanah Ga. One of our favorite shores to visit lies almost between both cities (guessing around 90 minutes north of Savanah and around 60 minutes south of Charleston).

Mount Pleasant (across Charleston on the bay) has Patriots point which for some reason never grows old with me (tour the carrier Yorktown).

Charleston seems to have easier parking access than Savanah. When in Savanah, we just pay for the sightseeing trolly tour. Easy access to parking (included in the tour as you're right at the trolley company) and you take the trolleys all day which gives you some amazing information you'd probably never know if you're on your own, added you have a taxi service with the trolley all day to get around the city.

AMAZING history between both cities.

5 - 7 days is what we use to take as a family for visiting, ample time.

Honestly, not certain if July would be a good month though. We're a 3.5 hour drive south to Charleston, and I do work in Columbia SC from time to time, and although it gets hot in our area in NC during summer, Columbia (guessing about 2 hours NW of Charleston) always seems 5-10 degrees hotter than our area in NC (that said, we're up towards the Virginia border at a higher elevation, so we always seem cooler in the summer months than the flat laying Raliegh area).

My father always like golfing trips to Myrtle beach SC in the fall, but I don't golf anymore, and I have an office I spend from time to time in Myrtle. Honestly can't stand the place myself as it reminds me of an over-commercialized "tourist trap New Jersey area" where college kids go to get drunk.

Last edited:
   / first time in the USA where should I go ? #48  
Was in Charleston last week. Was nice.

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #49  
2 areas that haven't been mention that are worthwhile IMO is Charleston SC and Savanah Ga. One of our favorite shores to visit lies almost between both cities (guessing around 90 minutes north of Savanah and around 60 minutes south of Charleston).

Mount Pleasant (across Charleston on the bay) has Patriots point which for some reason never grows old with me (tour the carrier Yorktown).

Charleston seems to have easier parking access than Savanah. When in Savanah, we just pay for the sightseeing trolly tour. Easy access to parking (included in the tour as you're right at the trolley company) and you take the trolleys all day which gives you some amazing information you'd probably never know if you're on your own, added you have a taxi service with the trolley all day to get around the city.

AMAZING history between both cities.

5 - 7 days is what we use to take as a family for visiting, ample time.

Honestly, not certain if July would be a good month though. We're a 3.5 hour drive south to Charleston, and I do work in Columbia SC from time to time, and although it gets hot in our area in NC during summer, Columbia (guessing about 2 hours NW of Charleston) always seems 5-10 degrees hotter than our area in NC (that said, we're up towards the Virginia border at a higher elevation, so we always seem cooler in the summer months than the flat laying Raliegh area).

My father always like golfing trips to Myrtle beach SC in the fall, but I don't golf anymore, and I have an office I spend from time to time in Myrtle. Honestly can't stand the place myself as it reminds me of an over-commercialized "tourist trap New Jersey area" where college kids go to get drunk.
Tybee island is pretty cool to visit to if your out that way and still has old fortifications from many years before, Visited the Yorktown CV 10 when I was in Charleston very interesting if you like WW2 history. Fort Sumter where the first shots in the civil war were fired is out that way to.