First post...ordered new CT235

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #1  

Rudevette

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Hello all. :) I am new here as of today. I have been reading posts on this forum for awhile and really like it here. I live in the NE corner of South Dakota and live on a farm right next to where I grew up. I am into the continuous improvements of the farmsite along with home remodeling, home brewing of misc. beers, outdoor cooking (bbq, smoking, dutch ovens), and first and foremost Corvettes.

Anyway, we'll call this my official introduction. I ordered a Bobcat CT235 last Saturday. It will be the end of the first week in Feb. before it is here. I ordered it with the loader, all options on the tractor, and a Bobcat snowblower. A midmount mower and tiller are to come in the spring. I will post some pics of my big day when I pic it up when that comes. There are a number of reasons I picked the Bobcat and I'm sure they all will come out in time, but number one is I couldn't find too many compact tractor dealers near me who wanted to sell anything. Anyway, I have always had experience with big mfwd loader tractors on the farm, this is my first CUT. I bought it mostly because it costs a lot of money to run a brand new 125 HP John Deere, and so that my wife and son can use it around the yard and with the "non-income producing" livestock. :D I'm sure I will use it a lot more than the big farm tractors for general around the yard utility work too.

Anyway, hello to all. I will also be watching the Kioti forums, and the Toolcat forums. (I am a maintenance supervisor at the local cheese factory and we have a Toolcat for general property maintenance that I bought)

-Justin

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #2  
Congratulations on the new machine.
Don't forget those photos when it comes in.

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #3  
Welcome aboard.
Did you get a front mount or rear snowblower?

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #4  
congratulations on your purchase i also have to post some photos of my new bobcat . welcome to forums.

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #5  
Congrats and Welcome to the Pack!

I am also curious if the snowblower is front or rear mounted as it should fit the Kioti too.

/ First post...ordered new CT235
I got a bobcat rear mount snowblower. I did that because traditionally I am used to moving snow with the big tractors with rear snowblowers and I like to have the loader available for scooping at the same time the snowblower is available to blow. I feel it's a little bit more versatile that way.

We don't have a Kioti dealer near me, but have quite a few Bobcat dealers so I should be able to get any parts easily enough. I also have a lot of history with bobcat as a company. I spent a LOT of time at the skidloader factory in Gwinner, ND doing engineering work on the hydraulic tubelines that go on the machines in the early 90's. I know it's a different company that makes the tractors and Bobcat is owned by a different company now but I still like to see bobcat equipment around.

You guys might find it curious that out of 9 compact tractor dealers only 2 would give me a firm price, one was John Deere and they were too high plus there were 2 things I didn't like about the tractor, the other one was a local bobcat dealer. 5 dealers that I talked to never called me back at all. 2 dealers kept telling me to come back when I was serious even though I told them that I have a check in my pocket and am ready to buy right now. :rolleyes: If it were me, in an economy like this, I would put my best price together whether I thought somebody would buy or not.

-Justin

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #7  
Yea, I hope dealers would read what you said - and think!! I heard some dealers are not open on the wk/ed?!?!

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #8  
I too had a wad of money in my pocket and ready to buy. Called Bobcat dealer three times left messages with salesmen and office manager and did not get a call back. By the way our local Bobcat dealer is sold out of new Bobcats skid steers and cannot get any more even though they are manufactured in the town where I live!!! They sold 50+ machines in the last month. Good luck with your new bob.

/ First post...ordered new CT235
I really don't understand how it should take 3 weeks to get a tractor in an economy with 7% unemployment. If nobody is buying anything doesn't that mean that the people who do buy should not have trouble getting a machine? Bobcat in Gwinner has been on layoff but every dealer I talked to has machines on backorder?????? I'm a little bit confused by all of this.

-Justin

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #10  
Justin,

Did you inquire about transferring a tractor in from another dealer? Should be one equipped as you like someplace already put together. Otherwise 3 weeks (it's along time when you're waiting for a new toy,I know) is pretty good.

Jim