First Impressions of a 2320

/ First Impressions of a 2320 #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
My new 2320 was delivered yesterday replacing a 2210. The first project was to move some rocks near my house to a ditch out in the woods. It was not alot of weight, so I did not install the ballest box. The loader worked very well & the tractor drove very well. I then removed the loader. It was very easy to remove. I then started mowing. Because the 2320 sets higher than the 2210, I was concerned with the stabilty of the 2320 when mowing slopes around my pond. I was very happy to find the 2320 felt even more stable than the 2210. I also was concerned about moving from turf tires on the 2210 to R4s on the 2320. Again I was very happy with the results. The sod was very damp & I only had a couple torn spots. those were when I was mowing around trees on a slope. I could not tell much difference between mowing with the 2320 & the 2210 other than the ride was better because of the larger tires & added weight. The 2320 manuvers just as well as the 2210.

I really like the position control on the 3pt. That is a huge improvement over the 2210. I also like the drive over deck. I had to remove the deck to run a hot wire to rear of the tractor for a connector to plug in my sprayer. I removed the deck on my wood shop floor. The deck did not slide around when backing or pulling over it. I also like the ability to move the deck around with the 3pt.

The only negetives are a couple of items others have mentioned.
The first is that high range is geared to high, or JD needs to add a middle range. I always mowed in high range with the 2210. I could not do that with the 2320. The highest speed in low range is slower than I am used to mowing & the slowest speed in high range seems faster. Also on slopes, the engine boggs down alot when mowing in high range.

The other issue is the swivel wheels on the front of the 62D deck. There is nothing to keep them from swinging around. Then when you hit a high spot in the yard they will take out a chunk of sod.

Overall at this point I could not be happier with the trade.
My next project will be tilling my garden with a 60" King Kutter tiller. I will keep you updated.

Attachments

• My2320.JPG
    My2320.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 3,986
  • 2210Trade.jpg
    2210Trade.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 1,432
   / First Impressions of a 2320 #2  
"Because the 2320 sets higher than the 2210, I was concerned with the stabilty of the 2320 when mowing slopes around my pond. I was very happy to find the 2320 felt even more stable than the 2210."

That's the same concern I had when I first replaced my Deere 670 with a 790. The 790 seat was a good 6" (or more) higher then the 670's.

I was also quite happy that the 790 (with it's bigger, heavier tires) felt quite a bit more stable then the 670.

Enjoy your new tractor...it'll be quite the stable mate with your Deere 4710.

/ First Impressions of a 2320 #3  
Nice review Chevy.... good to see your new machine is home. :)

Last edited:
   / First Impressions of a 2320 #4  
Chevy , glad to hear you like the new tractor. and your happy with its performance. I hope to get my 2520 any day. and then maybe i will have a happy story to tell......:)

/ First Impressions of a 2320 #5  
It definitely looks good. I hope you have much fun with it.

/ First Impressions of a 2320 #6  
Even my 2520 bogs in high gear, and I'm glad I've got the extra couple HP.

/ First Impressions of a 2320
Thank everyone.
We have not had very good weather the last week, so I have not gotten much seat time since delivery. I did order a pallet fork. It should be at the dealer Thursday. This is the first spring that I can ever remember that I was wishing the grass would grow faster.

/ First Impressions of a 2320 #10  
I too have considered upgrading my 2210 to a 2320 thinking the larger tires might give a better ride. I mow mostly in high gear unless when the ground is so dry and hard that doing so literally bounces the sh*t out of me. Hearing that you experienced a better ride but that the 2320 high gear is too tall for the motor leaves me still confused. Of course it's early and the ground isn't dry yet so let us know how much better the ride really is after you have mowed a while?
I have considered a roller to smooth the yard but doubt this will help. Plus is the drive over deck really better than the C deck? I would stay with the 62C deck just so I can lift it to service the underside.