Firewood Cutting Table

/ Firewood Cutting Table #11  
Getting old and moldy but I do enjoy a good warm fire, cheaper than oil too.
Got logs, old splitter, saws, tractor with forks to move IBC totes, grapple to move logs.
Building a cutting table to get the cut pieces to the splitter without breaking the bank or my back.
Wolfe Ridge Mfg. has one for $1,000+
This is one of mine, I can cut from ground level or get on it and cut there.

Resized-20211030-115306-6851-S.jpg

No matter if the rounds are big, it's easy to roll them right onto my splitters beam,

Resized-20211030-133859-9276-S.jpg

No need to buy something spl., when a trailer or wagon will do the same job, at least it does for us.

SR

/ Firewood Cutting Table #12  
I have Ponderosa pines - only. My trees were as big or bigger that what Sawyer Rob has pictured. Probably lighter weight rounds though. I had several 6x6 timbers - four feet long. I'd locate these timbers at the appropriate places down the length of the log. Roll the log up onto the timbers and start cutting.

The full length of the tree was first cut to appropriate lengths. Usually - 10, 15 or 20 feet long. Depending upon the diameter of the tree. It only took once to find that a 20 foot length by 36" in diameter was too much to man handle.

Post #11. Looks like SR has his work cut out for him.

/ Firewood Cutting Table
Not sure if I get it running this year, still some setup due.
Prolly should post a pic of my wood pile, naa, you guys would get jealous. ;)

firewoodprocessor.jpg

/ Firewood Cutting Table #14  
I've been watching YouTube videos on this, and it's amazing how different they are from place to place. The more I learn, the more I want to build a table to cut my rounds on.

/ Firewood Cutting Table #15  
If any of you live within convenient driving distance of me, I have a large pile of saw logs, all hardwood that you can have for free and I'll load them on your trailer or in your truck. Mostly seasoned and dry as well.

I'm near Cabelas in Dundee, right off US 23 in Deerfield Michigan. Don't heat with wood and I have a lot of trees on the property that get storm damage or blow down and I cut them all up and pile them hear the equipment barn. Like I said, free for the taking and I'll load you with one of my M9's. I have forks and buckets available. Has to be at least 20K pounds of hardwood presently.

If interested, PM me and I'll give you directions and my phone number, being retired, most anytime is convenient for me unless if course I'm running hay or working in the shop.