Firewood Cutting Table

/ Firewood Cutting Table #1  

Oldtoad

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310, Bolens-Isiki
Getting old and moldy but I do enjoy a good warm fire, cheaper than oil too.
Got logs, old splitter, saws, tractor with forks to move IBC totes, grapple to move logs.
Building a cutting table to get the cut pieces to the splitter without breaking the bank or my back.
Wolfe Ridge Mfg. has one for $1,000+
This one does not have a tray to slide the cut pieces to the splitter.

/ Firewood Cutting Table #2  
Here's my homemade bucking table

/ Firewood Cutting Table
i7win7,
Viewed that during my dig deeper gRoogle search, awesome build, quite an erecting. You are a master.
No way I could do that. I'm so lazy the IBC totes go on the deck by the front door.
However, you have some build features that might get borrowed, ;) .

/ Firewood Cutting Table
One more, just the table and rollers, saw looks dangerous but the lift could be useful.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Firewood Cutting Table #6  
I never knew something like this existed. Now I'm thinking that it's something I really need to have!!!

/ Firewood Cutting Table #7  
I need to make something like this. Problem is, it's gotta be robust, chainsaw safe to cut on, but also cheap. Don't wanna spend hundreds on lumber like i7s table, beautiful as it might be. Plus I want to be able to lay a whole load of logs on the table, not just one or two at a time.

I used to have a giant sawbuck kinda like this one below. But the (untreated) lumber gave up after just a few seasons of living outdoors in the elements.

Plus I think the "table" idea is better - the log can sit right there even after you cut it. Bending over around the saw buck to pick everything up off the ground wasn't very fun.

1678474815964.png

/ Firewood Cutting Table
Traded for a sturdy boat trailer this summer, new springs arrived today. Applied Kroil to the retaining bolts.
Waited for Harbor Freight jacks to go on sale got 4 tubular weld, swinging crank jacks.
Also, picked up a accordion roller conveyor and a 10' galvanized roller conveyor.
Have been looking for ideas on log racks, thinking 6' wide x 8-10' to be welded to the boat trailer frame.
1692137885625.png

Just went through the thread, already modified the woodsplitter with a table, the conveyors can roll the butts
from the cut-off to the splitter, just need the log rack.

Last edited: