Finished the ceiling on my shop

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #11  
So I have to ask, what are the advantages over sheetrock painted gloss white?

I know there is a reason....

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop
I considered Sheetrock. One of the guys who gave me a quote told me that he couldn’t guarantee that the Sheetrock would not develop cracks since the space would not be conditioned. The cost for the metal was cheaper if you don’t consider my labor. Sheetrock was going to cost $4200 and I have about $2800 in it. I would have also had to paint the Sheetrock which would have been an additional expense and work. Really though, the main reason is that I just like the way it looks.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #13  
I considered Sheetrock. One of the guys who gave me a quote told me that he couldn’t guarantee that the Sheetrock would not develop cracks since the space would not be conditioned. The cost for the metal was cheaper if you don’t consider my labor. Sheetrock was going to cost $4200 and I have about $2800 in it. I would have also had to paint the Sheetrock which would have been an additional expense and work. Really though, the main reason is that I just like the way it looks.
Valid reasons. I had not factored labor as I have a sheetrock jack.
Any considerations for electrical grounding as you will likely have metal light fixtures in contact with the ceiling?

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #14  
My friend has metal like that (walls and ceiling) for his shop. He had a little gasoline fire (stupidity) and the soot blackened the nice white metal. Man that was a nasty job getting the soot off the metal.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #15  
The material cost is higher for the metal compared to drywall but after that, all the advantages go to metal. Metal is lighter in weight. It only has to be supported on 48" spans while drywall requires 16 or 24. It's prefinished and will never require painting. Installation is faster and easier.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #16  
My friend has metal like that (walls and ceiling) for his shop. He had a little gasoline fire (stupidity) and the soot blackened the nice white metal. Man that was a nasty job getting the soot off the metal.
I think trying to get soot off of drywall, would be a nasty job also. Jon

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #17  
Very nice! Makes for a nice bright interior. How far apart are your rafters or trusses?

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #18  
Took me about 3 weeks but I finally finished the metal ceiling on my new shop under construction. 16 and 8 ft panels. My wife helped me I put it was still a lot of workView attachment 800868
Looks great.

I want to do the same in our metal garage, but the rafters are on 5’ centers and I want to blow fiberglass insulation above it too. They told me for the span and insulation weight I need 26 gauge steel.