Mowing Finish Mower Identification

/ Finish Mower Identification #1  

darien7

Tractor
Yanmar YM336
Does anyone recognize the manufacturer of this finish mower I acquired? I would like to get it in working order. The gearbox has the name "Superior" on it. The only problem I see is getting the belts and replacing the bent wheel assemblies.

Attachments

• 719578-FinishMower1.JPG
    719578-FinishMower1.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 536
   / Finish Mower Identification #2  
darien7:

Can't help ya out on your question, but you might get more responces if you posted this under the "attchments" section

/ Finish Mower Identification #3  
That could almost pass for a Woods. The difference is in the raised ribs in the sheet metal of the deck spreading out from the spindles. The side runners and the two metal shields in front of the outside blades appear the same as my Woods. Mine is not the gearbox model, so I can't comment on that. A side photo showing the detail of the attachment of the rear casters to the deck might also be helpful but from what I can see, it looks like my RM 48 Woods.

/ Finish Mower Identification #4  
Looks like a blue one to me............ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Finish Mower Identification #5  
I had a 6ft finish mower just like that one. It was blue and had a Ford emblem on it. I don't think it was built by Ford though because I saw a 4ft model just like it that had a Yanmar decal on it. A domestic model Yanmar was pulling it, not a grey market.

/ Finish Mower Identification #6  
darien7,

We had a Bush Hog brand finish mower about 20 years ago (ballpark) that looked very similar to that as well. Do you think that your mower was painted blue or is original color?

Fig

/ Finish Mower Identification #7  
That is a splitting image of my woods mower. The only difference is the gear box. I have a RM-59 which uses a large pulley instead of the gear box. The toe guards, height adjustment, deck design, spindles are exactly the same though.

/ Finish Mower Identification
Fig, I believe the blue color is origional. Not 100% sure though

Oliver28472, I do have a side view, but do not think the site will allow more pictures unless you have an email I could send to.

Thanks Whiskey for the attachments post idea. I got a response from someone who thought it might be of Ford origin. Others think it to be Woods. I sent an email to Woods, but got nothing back yet.

/ Finish Mower Identification #9  
darien7:

No prob., just tryin' to help

/ Finish Mower Identification
Ta Daaaaaa Hey guys. Everybody was right. The tech from Woods Mfg identified it as a Ford 930A in which OEM is Woods. Thanks again everyone.