Finding things People Lost?

/ Finding things People Lost? #51  
   / Finding things People Lost? #52  
You're doing a great work friend. PS. I think people don't bother the trouble because they don't want to get involved. :)

Welcome to TBN.

You had any snow up there yet???

/ Finding things People Lost? #53  
I added two but don't know the meaning of the second, "tradie". :)

I had just guessed that it was short for "tradesman," but didn't bother to look it up. A good guess on my part -- tradie - Wiktionary.:)

giphy.gif

Steve

/ Finding things People Lost? #55  
I added two but don't know the meaning of the second, "tradie". :)

Being a member of the medical profession and spending considerable time in court as an expert (?) witness we have to adopt an almost different language, this of course slips out in everyday conversation.
Yes, a 'tradie' is what we call tradesmen and they generally drive 'tradies utes'.
That should toss a spanner in the works for you, I also drive a 'ute' which has now been relegated to towing duties and general farm hack.
To save you the agony, it is what you call a pickup.

/ Finding things People Lost? #56  
Being a member of the medical profession and spending considerable time in court as an expert (?) witness we have to adopt an almost different language, this of course slips out in everyday conversation.
Yes, a 'tradie' is what we call tradesmen and they generally drive 'tradies utes'.
That should toss a spanner in the works for you, I also drive a 'ute' which has now been relegated to towing duties and general farm hack.
To save you the agony, it is what you call a pickup.

You are too late on the "ute" one. Randy taught me that one quite awhile ago. Him and I are "mates".

I know a "spanner" as a wrench.

Glad you guys are here. I really enjoy your posts!!!!

Gotta make my way downunder one of these days. :)

/ Finding things People Lost? #57  
You are too late on the "ute" one. Randy taught me that one quite awhile ago. Him and I are "mates".

I know a "spanner" as a wrench.

Glad you guys are here. I really enjoy your posts!!!!

Gotta make my way downunder one of these days. :)

:thumbsup: Yep, true-blue dinky-di fair-dinkum spot-on mates!

Strewth.

/ Finding things People Lost? #58  
:thumbsup: Yep, true-blue dinky-di fair-dinkum spot-on mates!

Strewth.

:D

Even though Randy's a Squid I won't hold that against him. Coming from a Grunt. :)

/ Finding things People Lost? #59  
I have found a few things over the years but the most memorable was almost 40 years ago, I found a trifold nylon wallet washed up on the beach in the middle of nowhere with almost 2000$ in it. It hadn't been floating around too long and I could make out the drivers license, that was just getting waterlogged. I was on a couple week crabbin trip so it was a while before I got back to town and tracked down the owner, who had given it up for lost. The cheap bum didn't give me a reward but I did get a beer and a 30 year friendship ;)

Many decades ago when I was a teenager I found a wallet with about a grand in it. I would have returned it regardless but I have to admit I figured this deal had a $50.00 reward in it for me. When I tracked down the owner he was drunk as a skunk and all he said was, "****, I didn't even know it was gone"!!!!!

I learned a life lesson that day.......make sure the dude is sober when you return his wallet :D

/ Finding things People Lost? #60  
Many decades ago when I was a teenager I found a wallet with about a grand in it. I would have returned it regardless but I have to admit I figured this deal had a $50.00 reward in it for me. When I tracked down the owner he was drunk as a skunk and all he said was, "****, I didn't even know it was gone"!!!!!

I learned a life lesson that day.......make sure the dude is sober when you return his wallet :D

Returned a wallet to a young lady that lived 400 miles from me. She'd left her purse on top of her car at a gas station and got back on the Interstate Hiway. I gathered everything I could find along the roadside including about $350 in cash. Called her. She thanked me profusely. I mailed everything to her. She didn't offer to pay the postage.

Once I start down the road of doing the right thing and returning the item I expect nothing. :)