Finally took a welding class

/ Finally took a welding class
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Great job!

You could tow a tank with that hitch!

Ron )</font>

Rosey: Here in PA, they call it a Career and Technical Center. It is kind of like a CC, but much more trade oriented.

The class costs $350.00 and the shop is enormous with lots of heavy equipment. I'm going to take another one just for building 2-3 projects.

Here's a pic of one side of the shop. They have about 25 Miller welders, plazma and torch cutters, drill presses, band saws, etc. all sorts of stuff.

Attachments

• 619530-Classroom.JPG
    619530-Classroom.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 349
   / Finally took a welding class #12  
pequajim; Now where have I seen those photos before? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good job.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( pequajim; Now where have I seen those photos before? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good job. )</font>

To quote an older SciFi show...

"By your command" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Finally took a welding class #14  
<font color="blue"> I made 3 passes everywhere with a 200 amp MIG. </font>

pequeajim

Great job! Good decision to take the welding class, wasn't it?

I could kick myself in the butt about 55 times (once for each year on the planet up to that point) for not learning to weld sooner.

I must say you had me worried though...my class was a stick welding class...I don't think my stick welds look anywhere as good as your welds...and when you said you built the first one after a few hours of practice...I hung my head in shame... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Never tried MIG yet...look forward to sometime. Stick is hard for me to make pretty and TIG is too slow...

Keep up the great work!

/ Finally took a welding class #15  
I'd say you're doing quite well in the welding department. That's a nice looking project, and you haven't even gotten through all the classes yet. You must have a natural bent for it. John

Thanks guys. I'm happy that I have started to learn welding before I got too old. Then I'd have to get my wife to do it for me! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I really have taken to it. I guess I do better at projects when I like them. I have built radio control model airplanes for several years. Maybe some of that modeling skill has carried over.

I still need lots of practice but at least I can make something now.

Next project will probably be a rake.

/ Finally took a welding class #17  
A true work of art. How could anyone not see the beauty in such a thing?

/ Finally took a welding class #18  
Pequajim,

Your welding looks wonderful. Like Henro, I am still trying to learn to stick weld and my welds don't yet look that "purty."

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is just a little jealous. I wish I had the time to take a welding class and learn from a pro. Too many other comitments already. Barely have time for the projects I'm in the middle of between work, night school (finishing a bachelor's degree at 51 years of age!, and then probably going to have to do a Masters, just to stay employed these days), kids, honey-do list, etc.

But a welding class is definitely on my list down there someplace, after seeing your work!

Congrats! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( (finishing a bachelor's degree at 51 years of age!, and then probably going to have to do a Masters) )</font>

Good for you!

Who says we old dogs can't learn new tricks huh? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Finally took a welding class #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( finishing a bachelor's degree at 51 years of age )</font>

Congratulations. I didn't finish mine until I was 35. And now I have a 36 year old daughter who expects to finish hers next year.