Finally solved one of my biggest problems:

/ Finally solved one of my biggest problems: #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
How to safely carry a rifle on my tractor, yea!

Started to rain today so I retreated to my shop to ponder my future, dwell on life's deeper meanings and try to come up with something useful to do rather than just drinking beer and watching Netflix movies for the rest of what could have been a rather lazy day. Hence, I decided I needed a way to safely carry a rifle on my tractor.

I OC a .44 Mag handgun whenever I'm outside but sometimes I've felt the need for something with a little longer reach plus, what the heck, every tractor needs a rifle!

I had previously bought a double rifle holder from Cabela's Bargain Cave, so I started with that plus some measuring, figuring out the best way, cutting and welding metal and boom! Rifle Rack.

Pics:

IMG_20150309_173629323_HDR%20Large_zpsbbcu3yuk.jpg

IMG_20150309_173618379%20Large_zpsx8mwcu7v.jpg

And the view from the Bridge:

IMG_20150309_173913123%20Large_zpsp3hfqdvc.jpg

All in all, a pretty good day!

Last edited:
   / Finally solved one of my biggest problems: #3  
Looks great and innovative. You're now loaded for bear. But, what are you going to do for those low flying zombies? Guess you could switch out one for a 12 gauge, remove the plug and be all set!:cool2::cool2:

/ Finally solved one of my biggest problems: #4  
Looks great but if that is one of your biggest problems -- man -- you live a good life:eek:

/ Finally solved one of my biggest problems: #5  
Looks great but if that is one of your biggest problems -- man -- you live a good life:eek:

I often say that if lack of money's my biggest problem in life, I've got it pretty good! :)

/ Finally solved one of my biggest problems: #6  
I carry a Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 12 inch barrel .44 mag with me along the side of me seat. I've shot a few hog with it and missed a few snakes. I've thought about putting a rack on my tractor to carry a shotgun for snakes while out mowing. Stop, stand and shoot!!!!

Your's came out good. I'm going to take another look at mine and see if I can come up with a way to do this.

Nice job,
Eddie

/ Finally solved one of my biggest problems: #7  
   / Finally solved one of my biggest problems:

Thanks, appreciate the comment!

Yea I do have it good: retired at 58 1/2, have a beautiful wife that wins blue ribbons at the county fair, cooks like crazy, have +35 acres on the end of a one mile gravel road, nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away, 2nd and 3rd are a little over a 1/2 mile, deer and turkey like crazy around here (there were 8 deer down in my food plot this morning and we had a turkey about 50 feet from the house yesterday morning).

Yea life is good!

Thanks,

/ Finally solved one of my biggest problems: #9  
Thanks, appreciate the comment!

Yea I do have it good: retired at 58 1/2, have a beautiful wife that wins blue ribbons at the county fair, cooks like crazy, have +35 acres on the end of a one mile gravel road, nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away, 2nd and 3rd are a little over a 1/2 mile, deer and turkey like crazy around here (there were 8 deer down in my food plot this morning and we had a turkey about 50 feet from the house yesterday morning).

Yea life is good!

Thanks,
Life is good here in Tennessee.

/ Finally solved one of my biggest problems: #10  
Yours looks good.

Being in the desert I kick up lots of dust when operating the tractor. I'd be worried about gumming up the action (or even a barrel obstruction). I want to mount an easy access boot instead of an open rack. Still doing my research.