Finally bought my first ever tractor! International 674! Help a rookie fix it!

/ Finally bought my first ever tractor! International 674! Help a rookie fix it! #61  
It is possible but, if the tank was almost full and the injection pump seal was poor.
It usually doesn't bother.

/ Finally bought my first ever tractor! International 674! Help a rookie fix it! #62  
The filter housings you found are probably chinese knock offs of oem. Could be identical, could be crap. They are probably fine (better than nothing). Key is use real oem or raycor aqua bloc filter media. Line fittings tend to be standardized, based on tube diameter, but you don't know what's in there, what's been replaced, what's original, etc. until you get in there & do the r&r.

/ Finally bought my first ever tractor! International 674! Help a rookie fix it!
Thanks y’all. I’m over the road right now but I’ll let y’all know how it goes

/ Finally bought my first ever tractor! International 674! Help a rookie fix it! #64  
Any updates? Are you keeping her?

/ Finally bought my first ever tractor! International 674! Help a rookie fix it! #65  
Hi,

I bought my first tractor at auction. I wanted something cheap that ran and that I could learn how to work on. This one was exactly what I was looking for. It’s an International 674 diesel with the D239. It was running in the auction video that I’ll post below and I got it for just $2400. With tax and the expense of getting it home (it cost more because I messed up) I now have around $3100 into it or so. It’s real rough cosmetically, but the engine sounded really good in the video. I’m excited to get the issues fixed and up to running nice. Here are the issues so far that it has.

1. Diesel in the oil. This is why I haven’t started it yet at home. I’ve read this is generally a bad “lip seal” in the injector pump, but I have been unable to find a seal that would fit that description. The only seal I see near the shaft of the pump is the gasket. Does anyone know the seal I’m looking for? Do they still sell them? I actually don’t mind buying a whole new injector pump since these are so expensive and somewhat hard to find. It would be nice to know I’ve got a brand new one.

2. I don’t see a sediment bowl anywhere, but these are supposed to have them, right?

3. it doesn’t appear this can have a loader and a ROPS at the same time because they both bolt to the rear axle. Is that correct? Could I take a ratchet strap and try to bend the bottom of the ROPS and for a loader frame next to it?

I bought all the blue ribbon manuals from peaceful creek I think is the name, оther than that I ordered customwriting reliable at writemypapers4me.net/custom-writing-service. The parts book was already handy because I was able to see the line that’s leaking is a fuel return line. I want to get this thing running nice and see if I can get a few years out of it. If so when I upgrade I can try my hand at doing a full nut and bolt rebuild of it.

Any help is appreciated, hopefully I can get it mechanically sound then do a quick paint job to hold it over till I’m ready to do a complete rebuild of it. I’ve heard these tractors are tanks which will make it worth it to invest in. Any knowledge or warnings about this tractor that you have would be very helpful.

Thanks!

videos:

Great choice! My dad has a 77' 674 with D239 that he bought new. 6000 hs all ive done is replace rings because had broken ring. a drill & hone removed mark in sleeve from ring and there were NO ridges to ream or bearings showing wear. Its had a hard working life pulling 4-16's and grinding feed. In my opinion, this is one of the best IH series today

Last edited: