filter funnel

/ filter funnel #1  

poorboy

Silver Member
After checking out last summer's posts and since I had a few things to order anyway I picked up one to the filter funnels from gemplers. Question, I ordered the 8.5 in size, how fast will the fuel pass through compared to a regular funnel with brass screen? Question#2, how well have they held up over time and any stories about hold up to abuse? Not that I planning anything special but strange things happen in the back of pickups.

/ filter funnel #2  
Poorboy
I ordered a 5.5" filter from www.mrfunnell.com a few months ago. They claim it filters down to .005". It has a teflon filter element in it. Naturally I had to test it by mixing a little water with some diesel. Well it worked trapped the water and some sand thrown in for good measure.

The next time I fueled the tractor the funnel took the fuel as fast as I could pour it. Maybe two, two and a half gallons per minute.

/ filter funnel
Neil, that sounds pretty good to me. I really liked the concept, but I could just imagine standing out in the hot sun trying to refuel when something would pull in my lower back. I guess I was trying to find a problem with the purchase. Especially since it looks so cheap compared to the old trusty metal one that only catches hayseed. Thanks again.