Filter enigma

/ Filter enigma #1  

flyMt1962

Tractor
Mitsubishi mt3201fd
Hello all
I have Mitsubishi mt3201fd, it has worked well for years but now the hydraulics are slow and weak. I've searched for the screen with no luck. Does anybody know where it is located. Thanks Rod

/ Filter enigma #2  
Hello,

On that vintage of a tractor, it's most likely just an hydraulic screen and not actually a cartridge filter.

The screen will be located at the suction side of the pump. So you need to follow the suction line of the pump all the way to the transmission housing and then, you either have a cover on the opposite side that allows you to pull the screen out or you have to pull the suction hose/pipe out to pull the screen.

This is how it works for most tractors. It may not apply 100% to yours, but should be close enough.

/ Filter enigma
Thanks ptsg. I have checked all the usual locations. My mts has a screw on hydraulic filter, but I was told it should also have a screen. Was I misled.

/ Filter enigma #4  
I had a Mitsubishi D2350 and removal of the screen meant all the hydraulic fluid came out with it. There was a plate on the right side of the tractor frame /reservoir held by four bolts. This was below the driver's seat. Check with Valley Power, you may even score a manual.

/ Filter enigma #5  
It doesn't have a screen. Just the filter. Valley Power is closing, Bill Rogers the owner passed away.