Filling some mouse holes

/ Filling some mouse holes #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I need some product that sets like concrete so we can repair some mouse holes in barn walls. It doesn't have to be flexible, but it would be nice if it came in a caulking tube to make it easier to use.

Something like "Liquid Nails" adhesive but that hardens like Portland cement would be just about right...
Being able to get it at Home Depot would be even better.
Anyone have any ideas?

rScotty

/ Filling some mouse holes #2  
All purpose drywall mud. I don't think any critter is going to eat that, it may chew next to it..

/ Filling some mouse holes #3  
Just about anything that is going to be impervious you're likely going to need to mix a catalyst...
They make a putty like epoxy that comes in different size packages...
Personally I would use automotive body filler with fiber...it can be sanded smooth if needed...it does require mixing with a cream hardener...

/ Filling some mouse holes
I should have mentioned that most of the holes are there because they started as either electrical or plumbing access. I'd rather have holes than have them chewing next to it.. but gotta fill some of them.

/ Filling some mouse holes #6  
Mice chewed thru my garagedoor/floor seal. It's just a hollow rubber extrusion. Stuffed some steel wool into the opening they exposed, just as a temp fix. It's now been keeping them out for years, since it didn't fall out yet.

Maybe you could just partially caulk your holes with whatever you have handy, pack in some steel wool, and then caulk a finishing layer over the steel wool?

/ Filling some mouse holes #7  
I should have mentioned that most of the holes are there because they started as either electrical or plumbing access. I'd rather have holes than have them chewing next to it.. but gotta fill some of them.

How about just screwing a small piece of plywood over the hole..? 4 inch by 3 inch or bigger if need be. Has always worked for me to close off former electrical/plumbing holes.

/ Filling some mouse holes #8  
We use this method to fill areas around pipes where bats move through the buildings at my employer's properties. Don't see why it wouldn't work for mice.

Push some steel wool into the hole. The steel wool will deter them from chewing in the same spot, or going through a passage that's already there. Doesn't guarantee they won't move an inch or two over and try again. I suppose you could then spread some caulk of your choice over it to make it airtight and hold the wool in the hole.

/ Filling some mouse holes #9  
I need some product that sets like concrete so we can repair some mouse holes in barn walls. It doesn't have to be flexible, but it would be nice if it came in a caulking tube to make it easier to use.

Something like "Liquid Nails" adhesive but that hardens like Portland cement would be just about right...
Being able to get it at Home Depot would be even better.
Anyone have any ideas?

rScotty
Whatever you use to fill and finish the walls, back it up with steel wool. They cannot chew through that.

/ Filling some mouse holes #10