Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,462  
Last year I listened to a scientist with a PHD give a talk and say ice samples can be very inaccurate, and he gave examples. My 40 years experience as an engineer is you can make numbers give you your desired answer very easily, without strong peer review.
Science definitely needs to be questioned, as it’s too easy to fudge outcomes.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,463  
This sure devolved into a global warming debate. You can take snapshots of data and manipulate them to tell any story you want.

In the 70s they were worried about global cooling.

California has record droughts..then record floods. I have read about the great floods they have every 200 years on average. In the 1800s the Central Valley was supposedly flooded, and the native people left for higher ground. Then it gets dry again. Each time the greenies claim it is the worst ever and we areall going to die. It probably isn't, but we do not have records from 1000 years ago. A lot of this was determined by looking at how much silt was washed into the bays of CA at certain times. Some years the silt layers were much greater in depth. Flood, fires, droughts...

The medieval warm period.

The little ice age.

What about cool summers after a volcanic eruption?

According to some older projections I should have ocean front property in a few years. Not likely.

We have been warming since the last ice age started to end.

Greenland was green when the Vikings went there. It got cold again, and they disappeared.

My point is climate varies. There are way too many people in many areas, and the land has been degraded. I have no doubt that we are destroying and changing the environment. Most of our land has been plowed or cleared and changed.

In Dallas it is much warmer at night than it is out here in the country. Concrete, cars, and too many buildings have made it that way.

You can take whatever viewpoint you want. I don't think there is much we can do about the environment without having less people or a much lower standard of living.

We could pollute less and recycle more, but if we are the only one's doing it, it won't help at all. There will be billions more people just throwing trash in the oceans.

In Texas we have not been building new power plants as the population increases. We have even shut down coal fired plants and some natural gas fired plants. We have installed wind and solar. Now ERCOT is saying we may have brownouts or rolling blackouts at peak summer demand. What happens on a 105 degree summer day when it is still 90 degrees in Dallas at midnight? Too many people running air conditioning..grid fails. Add electric cars without more energy production. Oh but they can use my car battery to help the grid at night. wtf? Then how will I get to work? This is a disaster in the making caused by poor planning and a lack of accepting reality.

The problem is this has become political. Instead of actually doing something they play games with us. In the end those that try to work and pay the bills will be the ones that get screwed by these unsustainable policies. I am not one of those that wants to live in a high rise apartment stacked on top of each other with no car, walking to the store or work every day. I suspect most of you on here would not like that either. At some point our freedoms may eventually go away because what we are doing is not sustainable.

There are lots of dumb ideas being floated around that only work in the mind of the person that came up with the idea. Reality says we can't keep doing what we are doing long term.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,464  
Sea levels are rising. I am not sure where that information that they are not is being feed to you, but its very simple to measure. You do understand tides correct? The flooding of Miami and Manhattan is not a constant. At high tides, the subways are flooding on a regular basis and the city of Miami has had to spend millions of dollars to mitigate street flooding during high tides. You do understand that averages can be measured and compared.
Here you go leaving out weather and geology to promote your theory.....Miami and Manhattan are at or below sea level. This is just a simple fact of the landscape. Then you leave out the moons effect on tides and of course storm surges. This is weather and not climate. No one can accurately measure sea level when erosion is constantly changing the shoreline.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,465  
I agree completely. Climate science is some of the most peer reviewed data globally, because it is such a "hot topic." I've listened to similar talks. I have actually listened to a discussion between 2 PHDs debate each other on the degree of accuracy of core samples.

The using of numbers to make one narrative true or false is a corporate tactic that has been around for years. The tobacco industry famously paid PHDs to write in medical journals that tobacco did not give you lung cancer. However, the overwhelming majority of information said otherwise.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,466  
Here you go leaving out weather and geology to promote your theory.....Miami and Manhattan are at or below sea level. This is just a simple fact of the landscape. Then you leave out the moons effect on tides and of course storm surges. This is weather and not climate. No one can accurately measure sea level when erosion is constantly changing the shoreline.
Don't forget what happens when ground water is pumped out of those low lying area near the coast. The land subsides and sinks.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,467  
since the ice is melting:

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,468  
Not at all. The geology has not changed. Both cities are at the same level they were at when they were built. The tides did not flood them as consistently as they do now. Geology and weather do not play a role in what has changed.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,469  
You can take whatever viewpoint you want. I don't think there is much we can do about the environment without having less people or a much lower standard of living.
This I can agree with. I do believe that increasing the global standard of living may help decrease population. This crisis we are in, regardless of how anyone thinks it is being caused, can be solved through innovation. Our species is good at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.