Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,231  
So let’s stop hydrocarbon leases and xploration and extraction and energy production that works, and damage the economy such that domestic manufacturing cannot occur —- because how will those manufacturnig plants be powered? Not by wind or solar… unless we buy it from China… chicken/egg.
We have not stopped hydrocarbon production and it will not stop for many years. It's in the form of Natural gas now and its the number 1 source of electricity in America today. For the 100th time, I live in the heart of the NG boom. I am sitting 3 miles from one of the best, most efficient NG power plants in the world. They just started the construction of another one 30 miles from here. Adding options doesn't mean eliminating others.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,232  
And how will those manufacturing plants be powered if not by hydrocarbon energy?
Yes! Great! If those factories are in a location that NG is the best energy source. Other locations will use alternative sources if they are the most cost effective option.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,233  
Wrong. It would help the workers who would have built and maintained the pipeline
jobs HELPS the US.
Let's build stuff that accomplishes nothing to provide temporary jobs. Splendid.

At best, it was projected to provide a few thousand temporary jobs, and around 30-40 permanent jobs. The bang for the buck wasn't there. Nor was any relief at the pump for US citizens.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,234  
That isn’t how markets work…
OK. So let's say all that Canadian oil sands that's converted to usable oil in refineries on the Gulf coast hits the international market and lowers international oil prices. The Saudi's, Russians, Former USSR States, Iraq, etc... will immediately cut back production to keep the price of oil high, because it's supply and demand.

You and I will never see any benefit in the form of lower gas prices, because oil will still stay the same price.

That's how markets work.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,235  
We have not stopped hydrocarbon production and it will not stop for many years. It's in the form of Natural gas now and its the number 1 source of electricity in America today. For the 100th time, I live in the heart of the NG boom. I am sitting 3 miles from one of the best, most efficient NG power plants in the world. They just started the construction of another one 30 miles from here. Adding options doesn't mean eliminating others.
But the Pwers-That-Be want to eliminate it, regardless (or possibly even because they want) the repercussions.

take a step back for a sec… You want options. I want options. The Green Matia wants to take away options. They screwed over Germany by getting them to shut down their nuke plants because of Fukushima — even though Germany is not threatened by tsunamis! But is was a convenient excuse.

youncannot get to your solar and wind utopia without hydrocarbons. You cannot refine the structural materials without hydrocarbons. We do not have the ink capacity to fun electric foundries and keep everyone’s fridge running.

And you cannot bring in any manufacturing if you do not have the power to run it. I don’t care if it is solar manufacturing, greeting card manufacturing, kewpie doll manufacturing - and the energy and resources put into manufacturing “green energy” never will go into a net positive gain. Nuke is the way, but it is politically unsavory. Hydrocarbons have the energy density, portability, and convenience (you cannot bring a 5 gallon jug of windmill to your EV when it runs out…).

Doesnsolar have a place? Yes.
Does wind have a place? Yes.

(I have a vintage Winco windmill generator tucked away for SHTF)

but the push to eliminate hydrocarbon energy BEFORE sufficient alternative energy capacity is reached (sufficient meaning replace and Provide for GROWTH) is self-destructive. Especially when it replaces farmland.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,236  
OK. So let's say all that Canadian oil sands that's converted to usable oil in refineries on the Gulf coast hits the international market and lowers international oil prices. The Saudi's, Russians, Former USSR States, Iraq, etc... will immediately cut back production to keep the price of oil high, because it's supply and demand.

You and I will never see any benefit in the form of lower gas prices, because oil will still stay the same price.

That's how markets work.
And they are cutting back now without the additional capacity anyway. Because they know that we need it, we shut off our own spigots, and they can pick our pockets. Unlike when we were expanding domestic production just a few short years ago to where we became a net EXPORTER.

And we haven’t even gotten to the looting of the SPR…

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,237  
Yes! Great! If those factories are in a location that NG is the best energy source. Other locations will use alternative sources if they are the most cost effective option.
I wonder how many solar panels would be needed to run, say, the Lodge Cookware foundry… and how many storage batteries would be needed, not just for regular production but to cover periods of bad weather . . . Over how much acreage…

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,238  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,239  
Keep thinking that.

7th dead whale in 39 days.

Debunked.

Ship strikes and fishing gear entanglement are the main causes of whale death of the ones examined on the east coast.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,240  
Read this article and then tell me about “American solar jobs”

As of 2021, there were 255,000 people employed in the US solar industry. Next report due in summer of 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.