Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #981  
If the neighbors are paying for this themselves I find it hard to believe there is a monetary payback.
With solar 'farms' that size it is usually people renting out their land to the solar company, for extremely good money.
It seems you can successfully grow some crops under them though. For example, tomatoes like the midday shade. Sheep could possibly grze under them. If not, it is a waste of good farmland.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #982  
This is what solar is now doing in the scam world

SCAM.png

I make my living in the HVAC world, so when I saw free HVAC systems being installed in NC, out of curiosity, I called. Long story short, they install a HVAC system but also install solar panels on my roof, FREE of no charge and a FREE HVAC system!

Guess the only downside was I was informed that I would then "buy" my electricity from the people installing the solar system, but not to worry, because they guaranteed my power bills will be lower and I'll still SAVE money!

I was actually going to have them come over and look at my HVAC systems to see what they would recommend out of amusement on my end, but my wife would shoot me for riling up the dogs on a whim of mine LOL

I'm a huge proponent of Geothermal for heating and cooling, but the reality is after the subsidies went away for Geo, at least in my neck of the woods, sales have plummeted on people because people were not getting money thrown at them for spending 3 to 4 times more for a conventional HVAC system.

My father was spot on when he taught me nothing in life is free.

The sad reality is there are a lot of grown adults who apparently don't believe what my father taught me.

Side-note, just wait for the federal inflation reduction act hits HVAC. It was out and the end of last year, but at this point, no one really can understand it except you apparently get FREE money back! Funny thing, what I do understand is that to qualify for the full amount of a refund (some big money) you basically have to be poor (AKA poverty level). Hmmm.... people who have no money can spend 5k-10K for a new HVAC system? People who have no credit can qualify for a loan? Go figure. And the tax credit is just a feel good measure so if you owe the government a couple of thousand of dollars on you're taxes, you save $500 for spending more than that to get it knocked off. The best part of this federal is each state is going to come up with it's own rules. Talk about a cluster fiasco in the making....

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #983  
keep that city **** away from the farms.

Well, you move out of the city to get away from people. Because you want to put a trailer in your driveway and a camper in the front yard and chickens in your back yard. Now you don’t like what your neighbor is doing so now you want to bring the city out to the country, so you can be like the government telling everybody around you what they can and can’t do on their property.
LOL. Some do I'd guess but not me. I moved out of the "city" to get away from the crazies before I did something that might land me life in jail. This is off topic though.
Now the question is... are we a civil society or not? If we (still) are then we have an agreed upon set of rules (laws) that govern our interactions together. That leads to property rights and the fact that mine or yours doesn't over ride the others and when someone chooses to do something with their property that affects others property then we go back to...are we a civil society or not. A question, why would an amphitheater be considered agriculture? By the way, we are not talking about building a shed, replacing your septic on your own or other mundane issues, unless you have personally walked around a solar farm... I suggest you set up an appointment with one and take a tour. Put them on your house or shop etc, NOGAF.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #984  
LOL. Some do I'd guess but not me. I moved out of the "city" to get away from the crazies before I did something that might land me life in jail. This is off topic though.
Now the question is... are we a civil society or not? If we (still) are then we have an agreed upon set of rules (laws) that govern our interactions together. That leads to property rights and the fact that mine or yours doesn't over ride the others and when someone chooses to do something with their property that affects others property then we go back to...are we a civil society or not. A question, why would an amphitheater be considered agriculture? By the way, we are not talking about building a shed, replacing your septic on your own or other mundane issues, unless you have personally walked around a solar farm... I suggest you set up an appointment with one and take a tour. Put them on your house or shop etc, NOGAF.
Oh, come on, really? I’ve walked around solar farms and they are no different than walking around a cornfield! It all depends on whether you like them or not. It’s a lot like art, either you like it or you don’t. It’s a bit disingenuous when you infer there’s some moral character to whats in that field.
by the way, Elvis has left the building! Ha ha

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #985  
You can’t fight mass hysteria.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #987  
I've had a couple cats like that. No pet door so the only way we'd get a "gift" is if the cat caught it inside. Not much of a small rodent problem here!
Give me a cat over a dog any day of the week.
Oh I like dogs, too. I've had a few in my life. However, I do not have the time to give them that I think they deserve right now. Cat don't care. I can be gone for a week and they're fine. Dog I'd like to give more attention to. So, once I retire, I plan on getting another dog.

In the mean time, I'm teaching one of our cats to play Bananagrams and drink alcohol.

(click to enlarge).
IMG_4691.jpeg

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #988  
Boy howdy, I am amazed at the number of new member posters on this thread. Some with this thread as their first post.
Some it's not. There's some glitchy thing where some folks have been members for years and it shows it's their 1st post.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #989  
Does it mention all the damage done to the earth to produce solar panels, make the concrete to build the windmill foundations or mine the minerals for batteries?
Meh. Put the right people together and they'll figure out how hay production in the USA is killing children in Rhodesia.

I have NEVER seen anyone here say fossil fuels weren’t subsidized. They are
But they are also being penalized.
Green energy IS HEAVILY taxpayer subsidized.
You are not paying attention. I have repeatedly said fossil fuels are not subsidized. Once again creative accounting has been used to falsify a claim which agrees with the desired bias of those who keep repeating the claim which is all it takes to convince the gullible who vote for the candidate with the most signs lining the streets.

A recent post's URL (is it one you posted?) claiming "big oil subsidized $5.9T" if you actually read the claims only found 8% to be tax credits enumerated in legislation, and 92% was claimed "environmental damage."

The same geniouses who fabricated the "oil is subsidized" claim could do the same number on hay production. Are doing the same number on hay production and cattle methane emissions. Just not getting the same traction in the media. Not yet.

I drive a Tesla. And I say "oil is not subsidized".

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #990  
Oh I like dogs, too. I've had a few in my life. However, I do not have the time to give them that I think they deserve right now. Cat don't care. I can be gone for a week and they're fine. Dog I'd like to give more attention to. So, once I retire, I plan on getting another dog.
Not my cats. They pretend to ignore me when I'm here but gone for a day or two they get clingy on return.

Status
Not open for further replies.