Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #471  
Snow is one of the best known black bodies. Snow is its own worst enemy against melting in the sun. About the only energy it reflects is in our visible light spectrum, absorbs most everything else.

"Blanket of snow" literally helps keep the ground warm.
It actually can warm the soil, from creating a thermal blanket. If there is just a few inches of frost in the ground before it snows, the frost will be gone because of the heat seeping up.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #472  
Your question is myopic. Doesn't matter "how much power". What matters is, "How much does it cost?" The cost in dollars is the only accurate metric of resource consumption. If the cost of production is less than the value of what is produced, then the endeavor will succeed.

Does that include 100’s of billions in “green new deal” taxpayer funded support?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #473  
Thanks for the link.

This Pumped-storage hydroelectricity system is used for load balancing during peak high electrical demand in conjunction with other primary energy sources.

What I was referring too was a energy storage system to be used when a city's primary energy source of solar and wind are not producing, like during darkness and no wing conditions. This system was not designed to solely supply the grid of a mid to large city during times when solar and wind systems are not producing.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #474  
Wow, I will say right now, I appreciate each and every one of you contributing to this wonderful discussion. Finally, after all this time, this website is becoming the place for the exchange of ideas. It don't get any more American than that. Keep them coming. This is so valuable. Anyone who comes across this will read it all from the beginning, you can't help it. We are covering so many topics in this discussion, with so many bright minds that add to the wisdom.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #475  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #476  
Does that include 100’s of billions in “green new deal” taxpayer funded support?
You would argue with a stick that it's a rock :)

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #477  
Some people have got together in one of our communities and are planning on installing a huge multi-acre solar farm on property adjacent to my daughter's and sister-in-law's property. They will be surrounded to the north and south of their properties and across the road. Their property value will go to nearly nothing.

Has anybody fought the installation of one of these?

Any ideas?

RSKY
So.... how's the information gathering going?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #478  
Yes, he is smart guy. Growing up in the 60's and 70's smoking pot was very popular. I know several very intelligent people who smoked pot back in the day including scientists and engineers. I never saw a smart person turn dumb from smoking pot.
We have including my own brother. In his case it could be alcohol also, but anything...alcohol, marijuana, coke, heroin, LSD...I'm sure causes brain damage (quantity & frequency). I'm not a physician just observation. Pot users will defend it's use vigorously.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #479  
A deflection on your part for sure, but I think it’s my right as an American citizen to inquire how much G_______t “assistance” is being given to solar and wind power?
While I agree, I don't think anyone else is disagreeing.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #480  
And more importantly, are We The People being told that wind/solar energy competes on a level playing field with NG, coal, nuclear power in terms of subsidies?

I’m all for clean air, water & soil, but there has to be a system in place that allows market forces to determine which is best. If it’s clean fossil fuels, then that’s the way to go.

Solar and wind are not clean. The process to create the equipment requires billions of gallons of fuel oils, mining of metals some of which are hazardous, and reliance on hostile foreign countries. I for one, am not comfortable with giving my national security up along with substantial subsidies.

Status
Not open for further replies.