Ferris IS600z Deck Belt question

/ Ferris IS600z Deck Belt question #1  

gbw

Bronze Member
Hi, I need a deck belt for Ferris IS600Z, Model 5901700, 52". Ferris wants over $100 for this belt which seems way too much
The specs are:

Belt, Spb/5V-Sect, 166.7 El, Part Number: 5105529

I know it's a 5v belt, but I can't find out which length to order from aftermarket.

The 166.7" EI seems to be it, but I'm not sure if thats inside length, outside length, or something else.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

/ Ferris IS600z Deck Belt question #2  
That is the length given in the parts description. I don't see it in Rotary or Stens. The Briggs distributor came up zero. Didn't see a comp belt close. A guy on EBay is selling a willfit for ~ 60$ though. A belt that length is kind of tough just to go pick up.

/ Ferris IS600z Deck Belt question #3  
Agree with Tomplum - the OEM one on Ebay for $60 plus shipping is $15 and Ferris parts shows it @ $93. You could go to an auto parts store or Tractor Supply to see if you get one close.

IMO just bite the bullet get a new one as its not a oft replaced item - maybe 500 hours? I have 340 hours on my 52" deck and the belts are still in very good condition - should last to 5-600 it would appear.

/ Ferris IS600z Deck Belt question
Thanks, guys. About what I thought but worth asking.

I did order one of the Grover's belts (e-bay), about $70 with tax and shipping. Pretty stiff for a v-belt.

I also found a couple of 5V 166" belts on line but they're about the same price so that's likely as good as I'll get. The 166" length would be fine, there is plenty of adjustment on the idler system and Ferris does provide the spring length so using a slightly shorter or longer belt wouldn't be a problem

Buying from Ferris would be over $100 with tax and shipping and they're wrong for that. I like the mower overall with a couple fairly minor reservations. The suspension does help.

The belt failed at 150 hrs., but it looks like something sharp got into the idler or sheave. It happens.

/ Ferris IS600z Deck Belt question #5  
I actualy just went through the same ordeal with my bobcat deck belt. I had to get the bobcat number, cross it over to a gates number, then cross it over to a napa number so I could get the width and length. I'm useing a 5/8 145in chinese made kevlar belt, amazon had it. Cost $32 shipped. Looks fine but they all do until they snap.