Ferguson 35 PTO removal

/ Ferguson 35 PTO removal #1  

Jbradford

Tractor
1967 Ferguson 35
I have a 1967 Ferguson 35 and need to change out the PTO seal. I removed the retaining plate but I can not pull the PTO shaft out. Is there some special tool or trick need to do this. Please help.

Thanks

/ Ferguson 35 PTO removal #2  
Boy, can't say on a mf 35, but I don't believe you want to pull the pto shaft. On a allis chalmers, the seal retainer is almost triangle shaped with like 3 bolts that take like a half inch wrench. The seal is round donut shaped about 2-2 1/2 inches and pressed in to the seal retainer. Knock the seal out. When you put the new seal in the seal retainer, you have to be real careful you don't "jimmy or burger" up the seal. I DO NOT recommend hammering on it. I have found that taking (2) 1x4 or (2) 2x4 boards work really well. Put the seal and seal retainer sandwiched between the board. Put the seal, seal retainer and boards all in a bench vise. The boards serve as a buffer between the vise jaws and the seal/seal retainer
The board will absorb any marring caused by the vise jaws. Make sure every thing is all lined up. if seal does not line up straight and tries go in crooked, you're going to get in to trouble. Slowly tighten the bench vise making sure the seal slowly pushes/is pressed into the seal retainer. The re-install the seal retainer with the new seal back onto the tractor. If you got pics, send them. I'll try to help if I can.

/ Ferguson 35 PTO removal #4  
And i do belive you should have the PTO in the engaged position.

/ Ferguson 35 PTO removal #6  
Never done one on a mf, it must be totally different.

/ Ferguson 35 PTO removal
thks will try the pinpunch and let you know if it works

/ Ferguson 35 PTO removal #8  
20170927_125018.jpg

/ Ferguson 35 PTO removal #10  
The www has a super set of MF manuals which are reprints at a great price. I don't remember the particulars as it was one of the 3 tractors I traded in on my 6530 in '07. But I do remember something complicated about the PTO shaft...a hydraulic pump or something that's not on Fords of the series.

I may have gotten mine off ebay. Before I went any farther, I'd get the manual and read up on it......may save you a "split".