Ferguson 2-14

/ Ferguson 2-14 #1  

wmonroe

Elite Member
Tractor
1958 Ford 961 Powermaster
Finally may have found a plow in decent shape, it is a Ferguson 2 bottom 14". I'm not very familiar with this plow so what do you guys think does it look complete? Is Ferguson a good plow? Look forward to any insight.
Thanks

Attachments

• Ferguson Plow 1.jpg
    Ferguson Plow 1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Ferguson Plow 2.jpg
    Ferguson Plow 2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 262
   / Ferguson 2-14 #2  
Looks complete to me. I have a Ferguson Ao single bottom plow very similar to the one you have pictured. They are good plows, they pull good and are built heavy. The only thing that would make it better would be a trip bottom. I have a different style of moldboard on mine.

/ Ferguson 2-14
Well I went back to find the phone number to call about the plow and the ad is gone. I find it hard to believe it sold in a few hours, I'm hoping it will get reposted.

/ Ferguson 2-14 #4  
I love mine. If you do get one, make sure it is in good shape, because you can't get parts anymore.

/ Ferguson 2-14 #5  
Why are the coulters chained down? I have not seen very many plows and I can't remember seeing one like this. Is it a Ferguson thing or do I need to be more attentive when looking at plows in the future?

/ Ferguson 2-14 #6  
Well I went back to find the phone number to call about the plow and the ad is gone. I find it hard to believe it sold in a few hours, I'm hoping it will get reposted.

That's because it looked to be complete with coulters, jointers, and a tailwheel and in pretty good shape. I'd be curious to the sale price. Here's a link to a manual for it, explains set-up and use. Manuals Forum. Go to plows, then Ferguson AO Moldboard Plow. I've got one like it, sans the tailwheel and jointers, works great for me. Mark

Attachments

• SeatTime003-1.jpg
    SeatTime003-1.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 309
  • SeatTime001-1.jpg
    SeatTime001-1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 168
   / Ferguson 2-14 #7  
Why are the coulters chained down? I have not seen very many plows and I can't remember seeing one like this. Is it a Ferguson thing or do I need to be more attentive when looking at plows in the future?

Those chains limit the lateral movement on the plow on the quick turns on the ends of the furrows. Parts not available for those 2 piece setup plows. Ken Sweet

/ Ferguson 2-14 #8  
I have a identical set to those,but not in that good of shape.I plow about ten acres of food plots and garden every year with them.NO trips so be careful.They do work well with my tractor,L4240 Kubota.

/ Ferguson 2-14 #9  
I have one just like it painted red. Its been a good plow for me. I was able to get plow shears for mine at a New Holland dealer. He told me I probably got the last set in captivity but he might be able to get something that would work next time. I know one guy who bought a set of shears that the holes didn't match so he welded it to the plow. They could be cut off with a grinding wheel I guess. Seemed to work for him.

/ Ferguson 2-14
He was asking $300 for the plow. I guess I don't mind as much not getting it if parts aren't available, I have very rocky soil and without trips I'd be worried about breaking something.