Fence Project

/ Fence Project #1  

Carpenter

Silver Member
Tractor
PT425, Kubota L39 TLB
I thought I'd give you guys an update on the fence project. The fence is all done, except for the gate on the arbor. So far I've used the PT to:

Remove landscape rock and dirt from postholes- large bucket

Drill postholes- auger

Unload fencing and concrete- forks

Mix and pour concrete- cement mixer

I'll also be using the auger to drill holes for shrubs, the hoe for digging out the parking strip for pavers, the bucket to haul and level gravel and sand for pavers, and maybe I'll use it to drive downtown for lunch. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Anyway, I know this is "preaching to the choir", but boy is this a handy little machine. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Attachments

• 54-163325-IM000298.jpg
    54-163325-IM000298.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 169
   / Fence Project #2  
very nice

/ Fence Project #3  
Eric,
Great job, you and the PT are a great match.
PJ

/ Fence Project #4  
Very nice! You did this all in a couple of days? Wow...

/ Fence Project
Dave, We removed landscape rock, did the layout and drilled the postholes on Monday. We were rained out on Tuesday. Wednesday we set posts and erected the arbor. We were done assembling the rest of the fence by noon on Thursday. The fence is all vinyl, so it's fairly easy to assemble; although each picket and post has a cap that must be glued on. The PT sure helped things along. My son helped me, and he was thrilled that he didn't have to dig postholes and mix concrete for the old man. It's also easier to get him to help with projects, because he loves to operate the 425.

Thanks for the compliments. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Fence Project #6  
Very nice project. Very professional looking, too. By the way, you mentioned that is your wife's shop. What business is she in?

/ Fence Project
MR, Thanks. My wife runs a retail gift store; candles, art, furniture, florals, kitchenware, collectibles and just about any other gift or decorative accessory. We bought the old cottage about 6 years ago and did some restoration and turned it into a retail space. She's worked hard at it and has done very well; I'm proud of her.

BTW, the business in the background is the local Catapillar dealer. Some of the guys from the shop came out to see what I was doing and to check out the PT; they were all impressed. They checked it out pretty thouroughly; maybe we'll see a yellow PT clone running around someday. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Fence Project #8  
Eric verry nice job.