Fence line mower

/ Fence line mower #11  
That option seems a long, long way off. The 7 year old loves, loves the pony her grandmother keeps for her. :rolleyes:

Yeah, BTDT for over 50 years. When I got married the wife came with a horse and as soon as my daughter knew anything she had to have one. We, somehow, got to keep and take care off hers horse after she moved out. Strange how it was better that we kept, fed and tended to HER horse even though she had plenty of room to establish pasture. I will admit the last one standing was mine who was a "stall potato" for the last few years, at the end he was 32 when it was time to let him go.

Soon after all the fences were gone. Strange thing is while the aggravation of keeping the fence lines trimmed went away the time mowing increased so in the end I still spend about the same amount of time keeping the place looking good.

/ Fence line mower
Yeah, BTDT for over 50 years. When I got married the wife came with a horse and as soon as my daughter knew anything she had to have one. We, somehow, got to keep and take care off hers horse after she moved out. Strange how it was better that we kept, fed and tended to HER horse even though she had plenty of room to establish pasture. I will admit the last one standing was mine who was a "stall potato" for the last few years, at the end he was 32 when it was time to let him go.

Soon after all the fences were gone. Strange thing is while the aggravation of keeping the fence lines trimmed went away the time mowing increased so in the end I still spend about the same amount of time keeping the place looking good.
Kids can be very thoughtful. She was doing you a favor by making sure your horse had a companion. 😂

/ Fence line mower #13  
I keep looking at these, but they are spendy and keep going up in price. They do have a SSQA version now STOUT DESIGNS, LLC – TRAILBLAZER TB-2022 – OVERHANGING LIMB AND BRUSH CUTTER

1689556289969.png

They also make one for forks and also ATVs, up in the $4k price range though.

/ Fence line mower
   / Fence line mower #15  
I made something similar to go on my ZTR with a spare spindle and some scraps I had. Wouldn't to well around the posts like a "trimmer"....but under the fence would work great.

I have woven fence so I just spray. Mojave 70 and only have to spray once a year.
Well done ! Would be a piece of cake to put a string trimmer head on it! Then again if you sold the rights to the big mower manufacturers you would probably be sitting in the Bahamas with big boobed blondes bringing you rum drinks and you wouldn't get any mowing time !

/ Fence line mower #16  
Well done ! Would be a piece of cake to put a string trimmer head on it! Then again if you sold the rights to the big mower manufacturers you would probably be sitting in the Bahamas with big boobed blondes bringing you rum drinks and you wouldn't get any care about mowing time !
FIFY.

/ Fence line mower #17  
I have a mile and a half of barbed wire fence around my 80 acres. The neighbors cattle keep the fence line clean. Actually - the fence line is maintained better than a lot of my fields and meadows.

/ Fence line mower #18  
I have a mile and a half of 3 rail fencing to keep the horses in. They seem to be picky about where and what they eat. In our current weather conditions weed whacking is a chore. I have to do the whole fence line, especially the outside posts. If I do the insides, that's a three mile day. Have to be sure and have water available at the corners. LOL.

Always looking for ideas on trimming. Nothing seems to be as effective as the weed whacker and a person operating it.