FEL vs. 4x4

/ FEL vs. 4x4 #1  

Homestead

I really don't need the extra pulling power that a 4x4 offers, can a fel be used just as well with the bucket to either pull or push you out of a hole if the tractor becomes bogged down? I have had a few co-workers tell me that it will. I will soon be buying a 4500 w/fel and I am not sure I want to spend the extra money for a 4x4 if the fel will aid in getting me out of what ever I might stick myself into. I will be using my tractor mostly for cutting, disc/tilling, road repair and some clearing of my property. (15.5 acres) Any feed back would very much be welcomed. Thanks

/ FEL vs. 4x4 #3  
To each his own, but anyone that has worked with a 2WD and then with a 4WD will NEVER go back. This is especially true with the FEL. The 4WD adds weight and traction, what else is there? If you can afford the 4WD vs. the 2WD, pls don't cheat yourself. BobG in VA

/ FEL vs. 4x4 #4  
Homestead,

I just bought a used Mahindra C4005-DI 2WD with FEL, and when I scoop up a load of dirt, then the rear wheels get real light, and traction is lost. I am planning on putting liquid in the rear tires to help, but wish I had 4WD. I got a real good deal, otherwise I was getting ready to buy a 4500. If you can afford the 4WD then by all means consider it.

Good Luck, Les

/ FEL vs. 4x4 #6  
save yourself a lot of frustration and get the 4wd, U WILL NOT BE SORRY. go test drive one of each and u will see the difference

/ FEL vs. 4x4 #7  
Been there - done that. 4x4 is best. Pushing yourself with a loader is an excercise in frustration.
Mark

/ FEL vs. 4x4 #8  
Homestead,
Before you buy check out the 4 in 1 buckets as well,while you are spending the money you might as well do it right. The 4 in 1 option versus the standard bucket is like a 4WD compared to a 2 WD tractor,you can do so much more and will be more than glad you spent the extra $$$$ once you start using the options,you will <font color="blue"> never </font> regret it.It also will help your resale value as well if you ever have to or want to sell.

/ FEL vs. 4x4
Thanks Guy's for all the help and feedback. From what I have read from all of you, the 4x4 is the way to go. Ya'll have made up my mind on this matter. Now I have got to find out what this 4 and 1 bucket is that Old Hickory has wrote about in his reply. Could someone clue me in as to what the 4 and 1 bucket option are versus the standard bucket?

Once again
Thanks

/ FEL vs. 4x4 #10  
Homestead, A 4 in 1 has cylinders that open the bottom of the bucket so you can grab onto things. They can be handy, but don't have as much capacity, for the most part, as a standard bucket.