FEL SNAFU

/ FEL SNAFU #11  
Use the 3ph and a chain for the first couple of feet

/ FEL SNAFU #12  
if your wealthy enough, get 2 extension hoses made to extend the 2 hoses to connect to the tractor, and use the tractor to lift it back up itself. they may only need to be 5-6 feet long each

/ FEL SNAFU #13  
Looks like a good reason to buy another FEL tractor to pick that FEL up.

/ FEL SNAFU #14  
I'd either buy a couple of extra hoses, or put a couple of eye hooks in the ceiling joist. You're not trying to lift the whole thing up.. I think two guys, one on each side should be able to up right it. The problem is the cylinder that has the leak will need to be able to re-extend easily, other wise you'll be working against that as well.. I think. :confused:

Wedge

/ FEL SNAFU #15  
Its time to get a lifting pole for your 3pt hitch. An pick the dam thing up.
Army Grunt

/ FEL SNAFU #16  
Could you just use a ratchet-style tie-down? If you have some structure above, like rafters, you could wrap it around the rafter and then around the back of the FEL and ratchet it up. You'd want to use a beefy one though.

/ FEL SNAFU #17  
My little $32 chain hoist (harbor freight quality, but not bought there) would lift it easily. Might have to put a 4x4 accross about 3 ceiling joists and then have a pretty good eye bolt in it, It would be effortless to lift it, whether the cylinder retracted or not. The hardest part is getting a lifting point installed in the ceiling.. Of course some of the other suggestions may be easier done.

James K0UA

/ FEL SNAFU #18  
Engine Hoist / Shop Crane - 1 Ton

image_11834.jpg

Lift the FEL with the engine hoist.

And for other uses, weld on parts to put the hoist on your 3-point hitch, add a couple of drop-down stabilizers, then a hitch receiver, so you can put it on your truck hitch, too.

Bruce

/ FEL SNAFU #19  
My little $32 chain hoist (harbor freight quality, but not bought there) would lift it easily. Might have to put a 4x4 accross about 3 ceiling joists and then have a pretty good eye bolt in it, It would be effortless to lift it, whether the cylinder retracted or not. The hardest part is getting a lifting point installed in the ceiling.. Of course some of the other suggestions may be easier done.

James K0UA

If you have access to the joists I would follow K0ua's suggestion here. A 6' or 8' 4x4 laying on top of the the joists, and then another one one directly under that top 4x4 pinched up on the bottom the the joists with a couple upright 4x4 posts along the outside of the FEL. Throw a chain hoist or come-along (with a safety chain as a backup) around the top 4x4's and it would be easy to lift it. Afterall you are only lifting half the weight of the FEL since the bucket end remains on the ground.

Good luck

/ FEL SNAFU #20  
now i know its not funny but look at it this way:
my FEL fell and it cant get up.
OK that was bad but hows it coming any luck?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

John Deere 540M Front-end Loader (A33041)
John Deere 540M...
Ford 545D Loader (A33041)
Ford 545D Loader...
Miller WP-17 FV-25-R Tig Torches & Accessories (A33349)
Miller WP-17...
AGT H15 Mini Excavator (A33526)
AGT H15 Mini...
1991 John Deere 530 Baler (A33041)
1991 John Deere...
Pallet of Welding Rods:  7018 5"/32 1/8" & 3"/32 200#, 6010 5"/32 & 1/8" 20 (A33349)
Pallet of Welding...