Loader FEL mounts wrong?

/ FEL mounts wrong? #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
Thought this subject could use a thread of its own.

Several Deere owners have learned that their dealers bolted the FEL mounts on the wrong sides, resulting in FEL's that come off or just raise a bit off the mounts when FEL is being used.

Apparently Deere doesn't mark the mounts right and left (or for some setup guys they maybe should be different colors :D). Setup without regard to the correct position can lead to a dangerous result, and for some they have had busted windows in the canopy.

Here is one thread discussing the problem, which is often so subtle it can go un-noticed.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ing/169802-3720-cab-loader-popped-broken.html

Maybe someone can post some pics of the mounts on wrong vs on right.

/ FEL mounts wrong? #2  
IIRC GreatWhiteHunter (I think) posted pictures years ago about this? I think he was the first to bring it to light.

/ FEL mounts wrong? #3  
Wish I would have taken the camera to the shop and got pics as JD was just here fixing mine. But regardless the rod on the mounts have to face UP and toward the FRONT of the tractor for the loader masts to lock onto properly.

Edit.... Ok got some pics of the PROPER way to install the mounts. Last pic with the pencil gives you an idea of where the rod would be located if the mounts are on backwards.

Attachments

• IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    764.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    784.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    716.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
   / FEL mounts wrong? #4  
Here are some phone pics I took the day it happened. You can see how it was digging into the mounts when it was lifting. You can also see how high it was lifting up. In the last photo if you look close you can see the the rod is facing aft. They are picking up my machine tomorrow.

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 177
  • downsize_2.jpg
    downsize_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 164
  • downsize_3.jpg
    downsize_3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 165
  • downsize_4.jpg
    downsize_4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 184
   / FEL mounts wrong? #5  
Wish I would have taken the camera to the shop and got pics as JD was just here fixing mine. But regardless the rod on the mounts have to face UP and toward the FRONT of the tractor for the loader masts to lock onto properly.

Edit.... Ok got some pics of the PROPER way to install the mounts. Last pic with the pencil gives you an idea of where the rod would be located if the mounts are on backwards.

Yep, the bump is towards the front of the unit, and the slot on the side of the mount is also towards the front