FEL herky jerky FARM PRO

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO #1  

kdogg

Tractor
Kubota bx25, Farm Pro 2425, Kubota Z125s, Yanmar f17D
Anyone have any experience with a front end loader not being very smooth operating? I have one on a Farm Pro that is kind of hard to use compared to my little Kubota. It is kind of jerky in response to the joystick input and would like to improve it's overall performance. It is a Koyker with the number 140 on it. Kind of wondering where to start...thanks in advance for any input.

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO #2  
If I need smoother operation I idle down the engine. Less flow and pressure

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO #3  
Could there be air in the line? Or is it a constant problem?

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO #4  
Had water get in my fluid through a torn shift boot one time and made my 3pt jerky on an old massey. Check fluid to see if it's milky.

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO
Ok so it is jerky both hi and low idle. It is a constant problem. So I will look into the fluid condition and see what that looks like.

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO #6  
Anyone have any experience with a front end loader not being very smooth operating? I have one on a Farm Pro that is kind of hard to use compared to my little Kubota. It is kind of jerky in response to the joystick input and would like to improve it's overall performance. It is a Koyker with the number 140 on it. Kind of wondering where to start...thanks in advance for any input.

It may be the Joystick hydraulic valves.

iirc some of the chinese tractors came with some low end FEL control valves.

I have a Koyker FEL on my tractor but it was supplied with Cross brand valves and is smooth to operate.

Pretty sure I read a few posts about replacing the jerky valves with better quality ones.

here is a thread from another site about chinese FEL valves

FEL control valve -- Jinma Farmpro Agracat -- Page 1

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO #7  
   / FEL herky jerky FARM PRO #8  
kdogg,
define jerky.

Does the loader move in steps or jerks under all conditions? o

Does this only happen while trying to feather the controls for slow precise loader movements?

Has the loader ever worked properly?

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO
Ok so I will probably go ahead and change the fluid anyway.
oldnslo-I have only had this tractor for about 6 months and have never been very happy with the FEL performance. My only real comparison is to two different Kubotas that I use regularly.
Jerky meaning-definitely happens when trying to feather the controls for precision. Not noticed as much when trying to pick up something but still not as accurate as I feel it should be. Yes I would say it is kind of a stepping movement. If I try to say dump a scoop of chat while backing up, it will dump big piles more than laying a running layer. It is worth noting that when I bought this tractor and took it to the local shop that works on them, one of the items we replaced was the boot on the control joystick. We did not change the hydraulic fluid however. Could definitely be low on fluid. Also, the joystick does not "feel" as smooth like I may have to fidget with it some to hit my mark. If I have the bucket coming down and move up to change direction for a pick up, I may have to make a couple upward moves-almost like it is sticking or not hitting it's mark..
Unfortunately the tractor is 3 hrs away at another property so my troubleshooting will have to be at a later date.

/ FEL herky jerky FARM PRO #10  
Jerky operation sounds like air. Does it get worse as it warms up? Check the metal lines between reservoir and hydraulic pump Some have pipe unions in them and can be admitting a LOT of air with no real outward sign of a fluid leak...