FEL Brand?

/ FEL Brand? #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
This is a friend of a friend story so I was hoping to get some advice from this forum. This person has NH compact tractor not sure of size. They claim that after market FELs are better than the ones from the tractor companies. I don't think they were talking just NH but all the major brand of tractors. What do people on this list do when buying a new tractor, do you get the FEL from the same manufacturer or get an after market? If you go after market what do you look for and what brand?

Thanks,
Eric

/ FEL Brand? #2  
Of course there are good after market front end loaders, but anytime I was buying a new tractor, I'd want the matching front end loader for several reasons: (1) that's the loader that the manufacturer of the tractor has tested and decided is the proper match for that tractor, (2) if I should ever have a problem with either the tractor or the front end loader, I don't want the manufacturer of the front end loader claiming it was the tractor's fault, or the tractor manufacturer claiming it was the after market loader's fault, and (3) if I should ever want to sell or trade that tractor, I think (no proof) that it will sell easier and for more money with the matching loader.

/ FEL Brand? #3  
I just ordered a new tractor with the MFG's matching FEL. After much research and I were to buy after market it would be a Bush Hog for construction and price.

/ FEL Brand? #4  
Ditto on what Bird had to say. I am a firm believer in staying with the manufactures product even if it may have been built by an aftermarket company. I think if we look up a thread by Mosey some time ago he bought an aftermarket and it wasn't what he thought and ended up taking it back.

murph

/ FEL Brand?
Thank you for the information. I agree with the reasons stated that going with the manufacturers FEL is the best way to go.

Thanks,
Eric

/ FEL Brand? #6  
For the most part, I agree with Bird, and I bought the MFG's loader. That said though, there are some very good after market loaders, and backhoes for that matter, out there and as long as they don't exceed the limits of the tractor, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, but I'd always be praying there wouldn't be a warranty issue!
John