Favorite diesel can?

/ Favorite diesel can? #32  
I have been adding vents and buying unrestricted nozzles for my plastic 5-6gal jugs since they started messing up the design of these things. Think I bought a 10 pack of tank vents on amazon
I tried something like that and the flexible pipe was very difficult to get into the tank. Could just be me, but I spilled a bunch of diesel trying to use it. Now I'm only buying solid ones with a bend in them, but haven't found one with a threaded end that doesn't leak after using it a few times.

/ Favorite diesel can? #33  
Wow are those containers made out of gold?
actually I did not look at the current price, I bought mine in 2020 and I know they were not that expensive.

/ Favorite diesel can? #34  
I got one of these for $25 from a neighbor. Works great but on the heavier side

/ Favorite diesel can? #35  
I have a fuel caddy tank with rotary hand pump, that I don't move around (it's on wheels but I think it'd be too heavy for me to move safely). I bought it from TSC, after one I bought on Amazon arrived badly dented and unusable. It was amazing how similar the photos and descriptions of these two were, and how many differences there were once I had them in hand. I also use 5 gallon cans. I run the cans to a filling station on a trailer hitch rack, 3 at a time so 15 gallons, and they're outside the car so I don't stink it up with spilled diesel.

I am able to lift the 5 gallon can to a shelf to siphon it into the fuel caddy with a shaker siphon. I can also drop the caddy hose into a can on the ground and turn the pump backwards to suck fuel into the caddy if I need. It is a pretty clean system. Most times I use it, I don't spill a drop.

I'm filling a 25 hp tractor, and my usage is light.

/ Favorite diesel can? #36  
Hi all, looking for a purchase recommendation. I'm looking for a diesel container to fuel my Kubota L3302. It'll hold 14 11 gallons, and I really don't want to buy three two 5gal diesel containers. The glass can I bought were for gas, and they sucked, so hoping to use the collective knowledge here to point me in the right direction. Currently I'm burning through a lot of diesel as I turn a rural 20 acres property into a homesite, but I expect my fuel use will fall precipitously once the property is established, so I'm not terribly interested in big tanks as I just wont be able to use it fast enough.

I've looked at the Scepter Duramax and the John Down 15 Gallon can, but the reviews where mixed enough that I hesitated on pulling the trigger.

What say you?

One full tank lasted me almost 19 hours, I couldn't believe it.

Your tractor burns a half a gallon an hour of fuel based on what you posted above. A five-gallon tank would last you 10 hours. The general figure for annual usage of compact tractors is somewhere in the 60-75 hour per year range, which would be a ballpark of 30-40 gallons per year, or filling up a couple of 5 gallon jugs only 3-4 times per year. Even if you used it a whole lot more, say, 200 hours per year, you would only go through 100 gallons and fill up the jugs 10 times per year, or roughly every 2nd to 3rd time you'd fill up your vehicle's fuel tank if you drive an average vehicle a typical mileage per year. A couple of $20 plastic jugs with $10 EZ-Pour spout and vent kits would be what I would use if I were you. That's what I do. I have five of those jugs and go through 400-500 gallons per year of fuel, and on a busy day can go through 30-35 gallons of fuel. I would personally draw the line at using more than 50 gallons of fuel per day or using more than about 750 gallons per year as the point where it would make sense to get a transfer tank.

/ Favorite diesel can? #37  

I seriously debated going with both tanks, but by the time I got the tanks, purchased the pad poured the pumps installed and wired the price was going to be ridiculous. So I went with flow fast and it is a great set up. I have four 7 1/2 gallon diesel tanks and four 7 1/2 gallon gasoline tanks along with the cart. They are very well-made and make refueling a breeze. Reasonably portable as well, since a full diesel tank weighs about 50 pounds. A bit pricey, but cheaper than the set up I was considering.

/ Favorite diesel can? #38  
1681465522106.jpeg

I rent. Got a brand new double walled tank with electric pump, meter and filter $100/yr. No safeties, no headaches, no worries, farm insurance company doesn't give me grief.

/ Favorite diesel can? #39  

I seriously debated going with both tanks, but by the time I got the tanks, purchased the pad poured the pumps installed and wired the price was going to be ridiculous. So I went with flow fast and it is a great set up. I have four 7 1/2 gallon diesel tanks and four 7 1/2 gallon gasoline tanks along with the cart. They are very well-made and make refueling a breeze. Reasonably portable as well, since a full diesel tank weighs about 50 pounds. A bit pricey, but cheaper than the set up I was considering.
Do their hand crank pumps also attach to the threads used on the VP racing fuel style tanks?

/ Favorite diesel can? #40  
Do their hand crank pumps also attach to the threads used on the VP racing fuel style tanks?
I am not familiar with vp tanks. One thing that would have to be accounted for is the length of the pick up tube which varies from tank to tank. It is a great system!