Favorite Childhood Toy

/ Favorite Childhood Toy #103  
My favorite toy was probably my bicycle. It was just a little normal bike. I put on a banana seat and stingray handlebars after a couple years. But man, I just really enjoyed the heck out of that thing. I'd ride it everywhere. Off road before BMX was a thing. On the roads to friends' houses. Down to the Ben Franklin. Dairy store for candy. Over to the Little League park to watch a ballgame. Down to the river to go fishing. I think that's the one thing I got the most enjoyment out of.

Large metal trucks and excavating equipment were fun, too, of course.

/ Favorite Childhood Toy #104  
My favorite toy was probably my bicycle. It was just a little normal bike. I put on a banana seat and stingray handlebars after a couple years. But man, I just really enjoyed the heck out of that thing. I'd ride it everywhere. Off road before BMX was a thing. On the roads to friends' houses. Down to the Ben Franklin. Dairy store for candy. Over to the Little League park to watch a ballgame. Down to the river to go fishing. I think that's the one thing I got the most enjoyment out of.

Large metal trucks and excavating equipment were fun, too, of course.
Wow... me too. Banana seat but no high tail. We must have already confirmed our ages are about the same, 58?

/ Favorite Childhood Toy #105  
Don,t consider a bicycle a toy because it was a necessity . I had a Evil Kinevel bike then a Schiwine Orange crate . My mom still talks about me riding my bike with my goalie equipment on and the net hanging off the sissy bar to go play hockey at the pond. Dad was always working and mom never drove so if you wanted to go anywhere you had to bike. Pulled some pipe out of a dumpster and put them on the front forks extended them out and put the smallest front tire I could on it I was the man.:D:cool2: Oh yea don't forget the Harley trading cards in the spokes . I also had the mass murderer trading cards and wacky packs .:cool2::drink:

/ Favorite Childhood Toy #106  
We used to make the clothes pin guns, but we used kitchen matches as ammo...and put the head into the gun first, so you ended up with a firey missal. Saw one kid get burned after being shot on the neck; needless to say, they weren't too popular with the parents. The old style clothes pins were better and sturdier, but today's models will probably work.

Clothes pin Bean Shooter - YouTube

I must have made a million of those things. I liked to use birdshot scrounged from shotgun shells also in mine as well as the matches.

/ Favorite Childhood Toy #108  
I had only one conventional bike that was bought for me. No little ones to start or training wheels. Single speed. It never did go straight from banging into curbs, learning to ride without being able to reach the peddles. It was just a, get on, push and go, see how far you get this time affair.

Then I got a smaller three speed with the banana seat and easy rider handle bars. Given to me by a friend that was moving away. I loved the three speed, although it was stuck in one speed only. No brakes. I cheated authority, because THAT bike, I didn't have to clean (on weekends) or present for inspection.

/ Favorite Childhood Toy #109  
I guess when all things are considered, my Red Ryder 1000 shot carbine was my favorite toy. It did get me into a lot of trouble early on; seems that windows and hub caps are not acceptable targets, nor are little brothers.

/ Favorite Childhood Toy #110  
You shoot your eye out kid.:laughing::drink: