Farmers becoming obsolete

/ Farmers becoming obsolete #2  
I am sure one day this will happen,but now its seems like a bad recipe waiting to happen.

/ Farmers becoming obsolete #3  
I get it- haha - we call that a "dad joke"

/ Farmers becoming obsolete #4  
It's already happening. We WILL see driverless trucks on the interstates in 5 years. Technology is changing all the rules for jobs and careers. Just ask the coal miners. Better to learn tomorrow's technology than cling to the past.

Last edited:
   / Farmers becoming obsolete #5  
I don't know about that. Everyday I HATE my I-Phone more. Barely an Icon on there that I know what it means and I can't be bothered and don't want to learn. I thought these things were supposed to be so dammm intuitive? The only button I really know and like is the HOME button and I understand they just did away with that! Sometimes, I think it might be a blessing to just die early.

/ Farmers becoming obsolete #6  
This is just the next step in a progression that's been going on for 200 years. The sickle mower made scythe-men obsolete. The cotton gin. The mechanical reaper. The tractor. The baler. The combine.

/ Farmers becoming obsolete #7  
This is just the next step in a progression that's been going on for 200 years. The sickle mower made scythe-men obsolete. The cotton gin. The mechanical reaper. The tractor. The baler. The combine.

The horse, the steam tractor, the John Deere B .......

/ Farmers becoming obsolete #8  
It bothers me, how flaky and of poor quality new technology is. If it works MOST of the time, that's good enough. And if no one can ever establish why it doesn't work the rest of the time, that's good enough too.

Compare that to the old Bell system. I like to watch the old archived videos. One was called "Failure Is Not An Option" Boy, how phone service has changed!

/ Farmers becoming obsolete #9  

And 200+ years ago, 90% of the workforce was on farms.

farmjobs.jpg

Steve

/ Farmers becoming obsolete #10  
It's already happening. We WILL see driverless trucks on the interstates in 5 years. Technology is changing all the rules for jobs and careers. Just ask the coal miners. Better to learn tomorrow's technology than cling to the past.

Such ideas are ridiculous until hacking can be prevented. Can you imagine the carnage they could create.

Walt Conner