Farmall Super A Clutch problem

/ Farmall Super A Clutch problem #1  

grizzly1954

Tractor
super a
I have a Super A Farmall that the clutch was stuck. There wasn't any resistance when pushing the clutch pedal. We loosened the pressure plate bolts several turns and then jarred it with a hammer and we got it broke loose enough to get some clutch pedal. I pulled it about a mile and the clutch came loose. You can push the pedal and the fan would quit turning and release it and it would start turning while pulling it. We tightened the pressure plate bolts back up and then we didn't have any resistance against the pedal again. We loosened the bolts enough to tighten the pedal up but left some play at the top then drove it around pushing the pedal in and out constantly and it still is the same. Any Ideas of what we can try before splitting the tractor.

/ Farmall Super A Clutch problem #2  
Open this link to the Case/IH online parts book, showing an exploded view of the clutch housing, and controls. Schematic, Manuals, Specifications and Diagrams for Chassis, clutch housing, controls and connections | Case IH | MyCNHi US Store

It sounds more like the problem may be with the yoke (9), or the pin that it pivots at the top (8). The pin could be possibly broken, or, one of the the cotter pins that hold it in place, has let the pin slide sideways enough you're not getting full travel of yoke #9. That pin is visible, and installed towards the top of the clutch housing, on the outside. There should be a small, flat indentation where the pin goes through, and should be pretty much flush with the housing.

Look to see if both ends of the pin are flush, or sticking out on one side, and not visible on the other. The cotter pins that hold it in place aren't all that big. 5/32"dia. X 3/4" long. And it will need to be split to put a new one in. I had that happen on an A years ago, where one cotter pin either sheared, or just wasn't spread properly when assembled somewhere along the line, either from the factory, or after someone doing a R&R for some reason. Could be possible the pin is broken too.

Look up through the bottom hand hole with a good light, and have someone push the clutch pedal, and watch that yoke to see if it is functioning like it should. It should push squarely against the sleeve the t-out bearing rides on. If it cocks to one side or the other, the problem is at the top of the yoke. Yoke is broken, pin is broken, or has slid sideways.

/ Farmall Super A Clutch problem #3  
I have a Super A Farmall that the clutch was stuck. There wasn't any resistance when pushing the clutch pedal. We loosened the pressure plate bolts several turns and then jarred it with a hammer and we got it broke loose enough to get some clutch pedal. I pulled it about a mile and the clutch came loose. You can push the pedal and the fan would quit turning and release it and it would start turning while pulling it. We tightened the pressure plate bolts back up and then we didn't have any resistance against the pedal again. We loosened the bolts enough to tighten the pedal up but left some play at the top then drove it around pushing the pedal in and out constantly and it still is the same. Any Ideas of what we can try before splitting the tractor.
I see a tractor split in your very near future.