Farmall M Won't Start!!

/ Farmall M Won't Start!!
Hi, Sorry to take so long to get back to you all. My M is now running! I replaced the battery, filled it with distilled water and charged it to eliminate that. Then I replaced the points and condenser, and still had nothing. We finally determined we had no spark, so we put in a new coil and new plugs and wires because they were in bad shape. Charged the battery and it fired right up. Just got it running last Thursday. Thanks for all your help to point me in the right direction. This place really is an awesome resource. I'll try to post some pics I took while running it and driving it around on Thursday for you all. It really is a beautiful tractor.

/ Farmall M Won't Start!! #12  
looking forward to those pics!

/ Farmall M Won't Start!! #13  
I just saw this now but,
If you have another tractor with a PTO, fabricate a pulley system so you can run a pulley or rope to the belt drive on your M and start the PTO on the other tractor. Then try starting the M while the pulley is turning. It SHOULD then start up.

You can also try pull starting it with a truck or other tractor. Put the ol girl in 3rd and pop the clutch. She should fire right up. Works on my buddys cub and usually on my M.

/ Farmall M Won't Start!! #14  
4 yr old zombie thread. :)