Farm Tractor won't start

/ Farm Tractor won't start #11  
If you have those cable ends that have two bolts that tighten onto the cable, it's a good idea to put a bit of metal between the bolt ends and the cable instead of just screwing down onto the cable ends. On my boats, I always used to cut some copper from copper water pipe, and let the screws push down on that.

/ Farm Tractor won't start
D, I should have done that, when I added the cable ends with the two bolts, I did clean and scraped the ends with a wire brush, but still a NO START Problem. I did purchase new cable and a different cable end. The old connector ends with no metal/copper had me going crazy. The new ones work!!

Thanks again to all who sent their advice, and ideas-they worked! However, now I have a new problem: my 1995 F450 dump truck-the dump goes up, but not down.
I will post under Hydraulics.

/ Farm Tractor won't start #13  
...I did clean and scraped the ends with a wire brush, but still a NO START Problem. I did purchase new cable and a different cable end. The old connector ends with no metal/copper had me going crazy. The new ones work!!

Philip38 ... Thanks for coming back to report the solution... It bugs me no end to have a problem with no solution. Your ending post make this thread helpful to someone with the same problem.

/ Farm Tractor won't start #14  
Glad you were able to get her going