Farm Pro 2525 4x4

/ Farm Pro 2525 4x4
Well...
I guess there is not much activity on Chinese tractors anymore...
If anyone could give any advise on this unit I would appreciate it...
A little concerned on the wiring and possible electrical issues...

/ Farm Pro 2525 4x4 #4  
Nope, not much activity on them anymore. We still have a FarmPro2420 that still runs and cuts grass. It doesn't owe us anything but is still fine. It's a 2003 model with the 2cyl diesel Ty290 engine.

As for your question about the starter and switch. These things were sent out with what I'd call substandard electrical wiring. And they had issues. A screwdriver across the terminals to jump it will probably start it. There's no electronics involved on these old tractors. No DPF no regen none of that. How much do they want for it ? That's the determining factor. I wouldn't pay more than a couple thousand for one that's broken especially. Maybe $1500 would be fair. These were not expensive new anyway.

Steve

/ Farm Pro 2525 4x4 #5  
The electrical system is pretty simple, that unit with the individual gauges even more so than the ones with the integrated instrument panel. Looks like it was kept pretty clean and probably low hours(hours don't accrue if the tach doesn't operate)... They are simple little tractors made to a price point. Mine has been pretty reliable and I have certainly worked my money back out of it...

/ Farm Pro 2525 4x4 #6  
Seems pretty clean...

But as an example not to long ago there was a 284 here for a 1500 more than they are asking for the 1 you are looking at

it wasn't quite as clean but came with an american made Koyker FEL quick attach bucket with pallet forks and the backhoe eith subframe attachment .

It ultimately sold for about $4500 which i thought was a good deal.

/ Farm Pro 2525 4x4 #7  
My standard advice, cut and pasted from another thread

If it has been well maintained that is a decent deal. If it hasn't, run away. If it's in good shape it will outperform anything else you can get for that money.

My experience is that parts are widely available from online dealers, and relatively inexpensive. This is especially true of the 200 series.

This was not an expensive tractor when it was new, I recall it was around $3500 for the bare tractor. Many were sold to inexperienced users who didn't know the importance of oil changes, air filters or coolant. These tractors are heavy and tough, but can be damaged quickly if run without an air filter or proper lubrication. In particular, if allowed to overheat the head gaskets blow quickly. On some versions the radiators were positioned so they were prone to clogging with chaff and they would overheat easily. Once the head gasket is blown the oil can get contaminated and other engine parts can fail.

Do not buy this tractor if it doesn't start easily and run smoothly, or if all the cylinders don't fire. We get a lot of people here who buy Jinmas that are running rough and they get them home and open them up and find out the head gasket is shot. For more detail, see my post #6 on this thread:
Jinma 200 Hard Starts

A Jinma with a blown head gasket is actually a good project, they're not that hard to fix. I just wouldn't pay any money for it.

By modern standards the weatherproofing on these tractors is poor. They need to be stored indoors. Do not buy it if it looks like it was stored outdoors.

The starting problem is probably the clutch switch or the key switch needs to be replaced. If you know how to use a voltmeter you can figure it out in a few minutes, the parts to fix it are cheap. If it's the key you can upgrade to a better one for a few bucks. It could also be the starter solenoid.