Farm pro 2430 hydraulic issues

/ Farm pro 2430 hydraulic issues #1  

Dsdecker7

Tractor
Farm pro
How do I bleed the air from hydraulic system after replacing a couple lift cylinder lines and cartridge filter?

/ Farm pro 2430 hydraulic issues
Have been for a few hours now. It’s jerky and slow

/ Farm pro 2430 hydraulic issues #4  
OK. did you happen to clean out the strainer screen? Been a few years since I've dealt with a 30HP Jinma but IIRC there is a strainer where the hydraulic pump suction line hooks up to the reservoir.

/ Farm pro 2430 hydraulic issues #5  
Where was the filter located that you changed. If on inlet or suction side of pump and not OEM they can cause pump to cavitate - starve for oil which would create symptoms you are describing. So would strainer screen clagg references.

Where is the strainer screen? I didn’t use an oem filter. Not available near me

Last edited:
   / Farm pro 2430 hydraulic issues #7  
Did the system operate correctly before you changed the lines and filter?

Are all of the loader functions slow and jerky?

If you operate the tractor at lower RPM does the system smooth out?

If answer to the questions above is yes I would suspect new filter is the problem.

Strainer would be located inside the reservoir on most tractors transmission case. I would suggest following the inlet line back to where it connects to the transmission housing. On some tractors there a cover that you remove to access the strainer in that location.

Last edited:
Where was the filter located that you changed. If on inlet or suction side of pump and not OEM they can cause pump to cavitate - starve for oil which would create symptoms you are describing. So would strainer screen clagg references.
The filter is on the left side and hooks to a hard line in fluid tank under seat
Did the system operate correctly before you changed the lines and filter?

Are all of the loader functions slow and jerky?

If you operate the tractor at lower RPM does the system smooth out?

If answer to the questions above is yes I would suspect new filter is the problem.

Strainer would be located inside the reservoir on most tractors transmission case. I would suggest following the inlet line back to where it connects to the transmission housing. On some tractors there a cover that you remove to access the strainer in that location.
no it started getting jerky before I changed the filter. Yes all functions are jerky. No on the lower rpm. Thanks for your help

/ Farm pro 2430 hydraulic issues #9  
#1, check level. If low you will be sucking air and getting that effect. I'm sure you lost a bit after doing your cylinders

is the 3 pt and fel on the same hydraulic pump