Snow Farm King or RAD for my Kubota

/ Farm King or RAD for my Kubota #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
I've been researching which type of snow blower to mount on my Kubota L2250. The rear wheel width is approx. 59 inches, so I would like to cover that span. I've narrowed the field down to two units and would greatly appreciate any insight from all. It will either be the RAD "Blizzard" B64B or the Buhler Farm King Y600. I like the idea of a few extra inches 64 vs 60...but like anything else, pros and cons to both. Price on the Farm King is about $2,100 and the Blizzard is at $2,700. Wish I could find one used, but after the winter we've had, I'm lucky to find one new. Thanks in advance!

/ Farm King or RAD for my Kubota #2  
I believe that the Rad made Blizzard series is a better made unit. The only thing is that I believe that a 64" may be too much for your tractor. I had a B64 I just got rid of this Winter that I was using on my GL3540 HST-1 and used it previously on a L2800. The GL3540 handled it fine and the L2800 was okay but not great. Your PTO HP on the L2250 may not be up for it. The 60" may be more suitable to your tractors specs. I now have a Rad B74 on a GL3940 HSTC-3. The blowers take more to run than many people realize. The dealer I traded it to in NY probably still has it though.

/ Farm King or RAD for my Kubota
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking at 21hp at the pto, I should be ok with the 64 as it is within the specified range. Just want to make sure I don't regret getting the smaller width.....but not happy about paying a ton more for it.:mad: Not sure how important having those couple extra inches on each side will be.

/ Farm King or RAD for my Kubota #4  
I have had no experience with the RAD unit,but I have read good things about them.
As far as the Buhler/Farm King, I purchased a new Buhler/Allied (Same unit different paint) 60 inch last fall. The blower has been everything that a person could hope for. Maintenance has consisted of one grade 2 quarter inch shear bold,grease for the PTO and chain lube.
These blowers are well and simply designed,and well built with what seems to be good quality material.
In your case I would not worry much about power,I have my Allied mounted on a BX2200 with less than 17 PTO/Hp and have had no power shortage. Probably due in part to the HST.
The only modification that I have made to the unit was the installation of an electric chute turning system, this was necessary because of the 1/2 cab.

Dan

IMG_0794.jpg

/ Farm King or RAD for my Kubota #5  
We sell both and I do have Eric's in stock yet. The differences, the Rad will blow further then a snow king! Nearly double the distance!

The Rad uses four paddles instead of three! They are a tighter tolerance to the rim on the blower as well.

The Rad uses pillow block style bearings on the auger and they are greaseable. Snow king uses stamped flange style and are sealed.

The Rad uses a sealed ninety degree oil bath gear box on the drive vs a open angle cut gear.

The Rad is definitely more of an industrial or commercial design.

Last edited:
   / Farm King or RAD for my Kubota #6  
Just got the RAD Blizzard 64 this year, my L3400 HST handles it with ease. I have been impressed with quality and performance. I saw a lightly used one on craigslist a few weeks back, in mass for $1900 or so. Wished I had saw that a week or two earlier.

/ Farm King or RAD for my Kubota #7  
We sell both and I do have Eric's in stock yet. The differences, the Rad will blow further then a snow king! Nearly double the distance!

The Rad uses four paddles instead of three! They are a tighter tolerance to the rim on the blower as well.

The Rad uses pillow block style bearings on the auger and they are greaseable. Snow king uses stamped flange style and are sealed.

The Rad uses a sealed ninety degree oil bath gear box on the drive vs a open angle cut gear.

The Rad is definitely more of an industrial or commercial design.

I certainly can not argue with any of your statements other than the four paddles and distance statement. In my part of the country I have never seen a Buhler with three paddles that was of recent manufacture. I expect that the three's must be old stock. As far as distance I have not had the opportunity to compare the RAD to my 4 paddle Allied.
I do not have a problem with sealed bearings, We have one car with 650 m KM that has no grease fittings. Also if and when they fail they are cheap and easy to replace.

/ Farm King or RAD for my Kubota #8  
I've been researching which type of snow blower to mount on my Kubota L2250. The rear wheel width is approx. 59 inches, so I would like to cover that span. I've narrowed the field down to two units and would greatly appreciate any insight from all. It will either be the RAD "Blizzard" B64B or the Buhler Farm King Y600. I like the idea of a few extra inches 64 vs 60...but like anything else, pros and cons to both. Price on the Farm King is about $2,100 and the Blizzard is at $2,700. Wish I could find one used, but after the winter we've had, I'm lucky to find one new. Thanks in advance!

to bad you don't live near me...i have a used farm king 60" unit......about 4-5 years old. its a great little unit. mine has hydraulic chute rotation added, and i have it listed on craigslist for $1,000.00. mine was used on a John Deere 870 tractor with 28 HP tractor and 25HP at pto. has worked great.

the farm king unit is nice, but i did wish that the auger was a little thicker metal. it has always moved my snow, and has never been out of commission. we average 120 in of snowfall a year.

/ Farm King or RAD for my Kubota #9  
I don't know about the Farm King units; however, I have a RAD B84 Blizzard. The first couple of winters I only used it a few times. This winter has been exceptional for this area of Downeast with the snowfall amounts. I have used it quite a bit this winter and even used it to blow back areas on other's yards. It works great. The only issues that I have had is that I have broken sheer pins which is not the blower's fault, and I did have the drive chain on the auger come apart due to a rock getting jammed. Again, my bad.

I have the hydraulic chute rotation which is very beneficial. If you don't have a cab, be prepared to get cold and possibly wet. As someone else pointed out, it may surprise you how much power one of these will use. I have 62hp on the PTO and have had to slow down with certain conditions like wet heavy snow or excessive drifts. Just slow down and take your time.

Attachments

• snowblower.jpg
    snowblower.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
   / Farm King or RAD for my Kubota
Appreciatethe replies. The Farm King now has 4 blades vs. the three which I believe is a fairly recent upgrade as the brochure shows 3 blades as standard. I definitely want the 4 which the RAD also has. I used one for 1k sounds pretty reasonable, I suspect that will get scooped up pretty quickly.