Farm Days

/ Farm Days #1  

Lloyd_E

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kioti DK 45 sc
I needed to get a few projects completed (well, almost completed) before winter.
I invited a bunch of friends over - some local and some from the city. The city folk are going to be sore tomorrow. They tackled about 3.5 cords of wood - chunked and split - not stacked. My brother and his friend tackled the battens on the barn. My other country friends and wife tackled the new round pen.

All the posts are in for two new sections of fences - 200' and 125' section; a good start on the round pen and 90% of the battens are on the barn addition - where the kioti lives.

The tractor carted the compressor and generator around as well as lumber and tools and augered the holes.
The posts are angled out in the round pen so when you are riding close to the rail you don't crack your knees.

We also brought in an addition 100 bales of hay.

Not bad for a days works - I expected more but I am not disappointed.

Lloyd

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 258
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 243
   / Farm Days #2  
Holy smokes Lloyd,
You and your friends (and your wife) sure got a lot done today. Man, that would take me weeks just to get the nerve up to start that much work. I wish I knew your buddies.
Great pictures too.

/ Farm Days #3  
Very impressive.:D:D:D

Thanks for sharing.:D

PS: If you need someone to watch over the cooler I'm always available!:p

/ Farm Days
Egon...

I thought about you...will get in touch with you next time. If this weather keeps up we may have another one soon. It is amazing when you supply pizza, hamburgers and beer how much work you can get done. I even gave them a morning coffee break after 2.5 hours.

Lloyd

/ Farm Days #5  
I envy your ability to cajole your friends Huck Finn style to assist you.

I am slogging through the installation of approx. 1200 feet of fence, and it is rough going solo.

/ Farm Days #6  
Great pics Lloyd, you've got a hard working group there.
Also nice to see a Kioti at work!:)

/ Farm Days #7  
looks good. how did you find that many foolish........... err helpfull friends to help out??

i do good to find someone to drink the cold beverages while i work :p

/ Farm Days
rvaitor,

The posts are treated with copper 2 preservative and than painted with acrylic driveway sealer - thanks to Soundguy. I did a lot of research before going this way. Although arsenic treated posts are on the way out, some lumber yards are still getting ride of stock.

The new pressure treated posts use a copper base - much less toxic. In our area most posts rot around the 6" mark just above and below the ground area. I painted the posts to give them some protection. Only time will tell if it works.

bull,
lots of friends - trouble is getting them lined up or freed from their projects - beer helps!

Sniggle,
I put the rails on the 200' section yesterday - alone. I know how you feel - no fun. I will do the other 125' section today.

I still have about 2-3 cords of wood left to do. My best friend has claimed it for next years wood - he's in France on business this week - he will have a couple of hard days working when he returns.

Lloyd

PS: will post more pics later