Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901

/ Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901 #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
It has been a difficult decision that I have wrestled with for the last several years, but I ultimately have decided to bid farewell to my 1985 Kubota L2250 :(. She has served me very well over that last 15 years ever since I bought it from the original owner. As it was my first tractor, I did not know a heck of alot at the time (in fact I had to bring my brother in law with me to check it out before buying), but I learned a great deal here as well as through a lot of use at my place. Not only did I enjoy the times using it, I also had fun working on it (to be honest, not all the time :mad:) whenever needed as sometimes will happen owning an older machine.

As I grew tired of the gear shift and longed for a tractor with the convenience of HST and a bit more HP, I began dreaming of a new tractor but researching for something used and found zip locally over the last couple years. Not wanting to spend the cash on a new machine, I kept looking and would always figure my L2250 would be fine and was bought and paid for. I ultimately determined that we are only on this planet for a short period of time and decided that I would consider new as nothing was popping in the used market. With the incentives being offered at the time, and my positive experience at the dealership (after checking out five different ones), I decided to pull the trigger on a brandy-new L3901 which will be delivered next weekend :dance1:.

Will be trading my L2250 in, so decided to clean her up a bit and pull together extra filters and such that I have for whoever the new owner may be. Got all nostalgic when doing so yesterday and taking it for one last ride....strange, huh? Here are some pics of my soon-to-be former workhorse. She will no doubt serve the new owner very well. Plan to post pics of the new rig here or on a new thread.

Attachments

• DSCN0847.jpg
    DSCN0847.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 696
  • DSCN0848.jpg
    DSCN0848.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,177
  • DSCN0851.jpg
    DSCN0851.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
   / Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901 #2  
:thumbsup: Out with the old and in with the new.:cool2: When the new arrives and you drive it the memories of the old will start fading and when you push that foot pedal and speed up and go forward or backward at different speeds just by pressing your foot while your hand is resting on the FEL control stick you'll almost forget the old. When you use the FEL more you'll appreciate the HST even more and wonder why anyone would ever buy a gear drive other than to save money and then you'll agree that the HST is well worth the extra bit of money and know 50 years from now when you trade it you'll get all of your money back and sell quicker because it has HST. Yep, I did have one (1) one only ever gear drive and all of the rest have been HST.
Now comes the wait.:mur:

/ Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901 #3  
It's nice to see a 30 year old tractor in such well-cared for condition. So many of the older ones you see have lived a hard life. Congratulations on your new baby. You'll enjoy it and it will serve you for another 30 years, no doubt.

/ Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901 #4  
Congratulations! Yeah there will be a soft spot in your heart for your old one but as JT said... the HST will make you happy you made the move. :thumbsup:

/ Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901 #5  
Congrats....you'll love the hst feature.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901 #7  
Call me a yankee conservative at heart...but I'd sure be keeping a leash on the old one until I see how I liked the new model. Well maintained tractors are a snap to sell and for a premium at that.
no regrets,
rScotty

/ Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901
It's nice to see a 30 year old tractor in such well-cared for condition. So many of the older ones you see have lived a hard life. Congratulations on your new baby. You'll enjoy it and it will serve you for another 30 years, no doubt.

Thanks...I figured it took care of me through the years, so I should return the favor!

/ Farewell Tribute-Kubota L2250/Welcome L3901 #10  
Well I can tell you from experience that getting up at 4am and sitting by the window waiting for them to deliver won't help get any faster. What all did you get on you L3901? And I am curious as to what they gave you for the 2250. When he told me what my old JD (2002 790 w/FEL) would trade for, I couldn't hand him the keys fast enough.

Mostly though... Congratulations on the new L3901 and I truly hope you love using yours as much as I do mine.